Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Question regarding what's good to drink when singing?

I was wanting to know what's recommended to drink while singing? When I am singing I usually drink coffee and water. I've read that coffee isn't good, but it seems to loosen me up or is that a false thinking. So what's good? Thanks for allowing me to be here.

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited March 2023
    hi, water is best, non sparkling, room temperature. teas are good too if not too hot. coffee is maybe not "ideal" while singing but i also sometimes do it and it does not negatively affect me for singing (i think). i just have a few sips here and there and also have some water handy. remember it is important to be well hydrated, so if you start the workout well hydrated and stay hydrated throughout, that's the main thing. this is just my opinion :)
  • Options
    Captain_44Captain_44 Member Posts: 5
    Klaus_T said:

hi, water is best, non sparkling, room temperature. teas are good too if not too hot. coffee is maybe not "ideal" while singing but i also sometimes do it and it does not negatively affect me for singing (i think). i just have a few sips here and there and also have some water handy. remember it is important to be well hydrated, so if you start the workout well hydrated and stay hydrated throughout, that's the main thing. this is just my opinion :)

Thank you for your reply.