Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis [Acoustic Cover]

This week’s post is a cover of me singing *Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis [Acoustic Cover]*

Summary
I am adding 5 new songs to my live show setlist to perform for 2 upcoming wedding performances. This is one of those songs. I want to get this song very tight and pretty.

Obstacle
Tone and pitch have been my biggest struggles, so I want to really hone in on having a strong and consistent tone while also having some delicacy and dynamics in some places. I also want to make sure I'm on pitch.

Solution

All feedback from a beginner’s ear to a skilled pro is welcome.

https://youtu.be/m0oe7dpXRCg

@DannyOc3an
@bentk
@Wigs
@LindseyBean
@guychan
@Terence
@Vocality
@Maarten
@kworam

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Good open low notes, you sing them with some resonance so it sounds natural. Pitch generally was good, a few small bits where you went really light on the notes and didn't hold your support and steady your breath they wavered a touch. When singing in your lower register you can enunciate the consonants a bit more, between 3:05 and 3:18 on "cant help" you hold the ah in cant but placed the t right before help so it sounded like "can telp", and "love with you" was too contiguous so it sounded slurred. I know Elvis has a particular way of singing (actually just watched the movie last night) but be careful of how much of his tone and style you add to it.

On the higher bits where you go light, lean into the note a touch more for consistent tone, you can still be in head voice, just bring a bit of brightness to it, I think this will make you sound more confident.

The feel of it is good, emotion is there, be careful of drawing it out for too long though.
  • michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Great points @Wigs ! I appreciate your feedback here.
  • TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 346

Great choice for a wedding. I agree with Wigs. Pitch seems fine and the key is right.

People will be singing along on this one so they are looking for the best voice in the room to lead them through. I think all you need to add here is confidence which, for me, comes from having everything memorized and actually enjoying the song along with the audience.

You got this!
  • GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 167
    This is awesome dude ! If you wanna have some more texture to your sound, I would recommend not to make the sound so bright. You can try to make it a little velvety by bringing some mixing and or air, being careful to cut back the air. Maybe singing some passages with low volume and go back and forth between brightness and softness, dynamics of volume, and play with it to bring a little more intimacy and sensitivity to the song. What do you think ? I know, that might be some picky small stuff, and maybe pretty advanced nuances, depending on your level or growth. You're already doing an excellent job.

And also, it's true that it's not easy to support and to control the breath and nuances when you sing low, too. That can be a challenge for pitch and controlling the nuances. Try to pick the song up a semi-tone or two and see how the sound changes, if it feels better for your voice and or sound better to your ear.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is play around with the song and try to make it tour own ! ;)

Peace, Florian
  • MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
    I agreed with the other comments but overall nice performance, and to do this live on weddings will really give you a boost I'm sure!