Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Marc's first demo

Hi here is my first demo criticise away! sorry the recording quality is pretty poor

Comments

• marcmarc Pro Posts: 156
    just realised how to turn my mic down was wondering why i was getting so much distortion :)
    here is me doing always
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    @marc,

This is a good start. It's a tough sing to sing. In the chorus you are incorporating more head voice into the tone on the higher notes. As your voice grows you will be able to add more chest voice into that for a full sound. The chorus is full of opportunities for nice open vowel. I will love you. Try these vowel mods. Ah or Aa as in hat, W"EH"ll L"Ah"v Y"ah-Oo". Notice how that whole phrase stays pretty much on Ah or it's close relatives Aa and Eh. That will help open it up for you. Great start!
    thanks though i'm confused i thought that i sung it all in chest voice.  Is it possible that it just sounds like head voice coz i'm not supporting well?  If not i'm confused what head voice is :)
    I guess the first bit of forever was head voice do i need to open that up more maybe use a different vowel sound im thinking i am using oo currently? could you point out the other parts where i use head voice for me please and confirm whether i am using head voice in the bit i mention in this post. thanks
    just wanted to say thanks again sspatrick you really helped me i didnt even realise i have been practicing songs thinking i'm stretching my chest voice when in fact i've been using head voice.
    this any better scott?
    This second demo is a lot better. You are approaching the chorus with more support and more of a chest tone. Notice how the tone matches your lower notes? It's consistent. You could use more support on the verse as well. I'll listen through again and see if there are any vowel mods to make it even better.
    You could open up will love a little more. More Eh into will and Ah in love. I would sing that line with only vowels Aa(hat) Eh(led) ah(up) Oh-Oo for you. Get that feeling going then add the consonants.
    edited July 2013
    please critique away think i'm still struggling to stay out of head voice with the chorus? also didn't give enough respect to the C5s in the verse.

i realise now i found it hard to keep in chest voice on the third chorus coz i slammed lots of i and E vowels before high note and then when I try and sing it again i sing THEEEEEEEEE eye again, face palm :)

and i think in the first verse i need to sing 'don't lose your grip' using the OH vowel for don't, lose and your and then more eh for grip?

stack the odds in verse 2 I slammed the E vowel again and possibly the consonants of stack needs to be sung st(Aa) th(eh) odds.

I think i'm also slamming the ou sounds 'to survive' for instance should be using the Oh vowel?

please add to or correct me if i'm wrong
    This is pretty good. You are more in head voice throughout the verse which is fine. You could add more chest tone to the lower parts of the verse and maintain it a little higher up. A few vowel tweaks could help out too. The I as in Lid change to Eh as in Led whenever it comes up. A word like RIVAL maintain the Ah vowel for both syllables. On the hook line of the chorus approach the Ee vowel in THE with more Eh in the back if the throat. Then transition to Ah or Aa(hat) for the word EYE. This should smooth out that transition. Try it and see if that helps.
    edited July 2013
    better scott? still struggling with 'dont lose your grip' and 'stack the odds' i also messed up the first 'went the distance' but i know this was because i forgot to modify distance to more of an d(eh)stance?  I also just realised i still slammed the E vowel on 'stack theeee odds'. and i slammed lose yuuuuuuu grip needs to have more of the oh vowel in right?

here is my latest attempt at always i'm getting there think i come of you too quickly in the first two 'i will love you bits' and i am also sliding down from there on the 'i'll be there bits' where as i need to sing it straight.  I'm also struggling with the 'i'll be there til the stars dont shine bit coz i'm slamming the E vowel again on 'i'll bEEEEE there'.  I will get there eventually :)