Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

how to improve tone and pitch

MauritsGeeromsMauritsGeeroms 3.0 Streaming Posts: 2
edited February 18 in The Singer's Lobby
Hey People,
I'm doing the KTVA 3.0 for a while now and see a lot of improvement.
However, when I record myself it keeps sounding kind a... bad

How do I improve my tone (and pitch) for singing live and/or on recordings?

Any tips for me based on the fragment below would be amazing, thx!

ps: file is not cut properly, only the first verse and chorus are on there.

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    the track is gone
  • Options
    MauritsGeeromsMauritsGeeroms 3.0 Streaming Posts: 2
    Hi Klaus,
    I checked everything after posting and didn't find any issues until I read your comment.
    Thanks for commenting, I added a new link (hopefully it works from now on).
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    edited February 20
    Hello Maurits, thanks for sharing. Pitch and tone is good in the beginning when in your chest voice. You could improve pitch by doing the long tail exercises found in volume 3. Also go back to V3 videos to learn more about bridging chest to head and building powerful head voice. The head voice is sounding beathy and unsupported "I find it kind of funny".

The biggest thing I'd change is having more room in your mouth cavity when singing. We want to create space in mouth similar to a yawning sensation that allows the sound max amount of space to resonate. Executing your vowel modifications correctly automatically does this. When getting to those higher notes you are more spread out when you should be closing down the move and also keeping the tongue at the base of the jaw.

I also struggle with sounding good on a recording. My voice sounds thinner than I thought it did. I suggest to record at least once twice weekly. Use quality equipment. I just purchased a Neumman TLM 103 mic.

Keep up the great work!