Home Off Topic
Options

Loading Original Music

bsidersurgebsidersurge Enrolled Posts: 14
I was going to upload one of my original songs and ask you guys how it sounded but I just wanted to make sure it was cool that I do that (not sure if there are any copyright laws something crazy like that, that I should be aware of) because I want to become a professional musician and after all it's most important that I sound good on my own songs instead of covers. Also is there anyway to upload audio without going through sound cloud and just have it go straight from my PC to here, only because it's an original song. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357

The best way to protect your own compositions is to go ahead and register it with a copyright.

After that, you are free to upload your own material anywhere you want to.

I don't know of any better ways to share your demos other than the filesharing sites like YouTube or Soundcloud.

Bob

• Options
    bluesbirdbluesbird Pro Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Try the site "copyrights world" for getting a copyrights certificate. It costs little!
  • Options
    bsidersurgebsidersurge Enrolled Posts: 14
    Ok thanks guys I guess for now I'll upload cover songs, thanks again for the info and the help :)
  • Options
    MichaelSMichaelS Pro Posts: 73

@bluesbird:

Why "copyrights world" instead of library of congress copyright registration?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    @MichaelS: I'm from Greece, for us it's very easy to do it via Copyrights World. You can send an mp3 via email and within seconds you get your copyright code.
    I don't know how it works in the States, but it really feels easy this way to me, no CD's, no post office, no physical presence, no written scores, no nothing...!!
  • Options
    MichaelSMichaelS Pro Posts: 73

@bluesbird:

In present times library of congres works exactly the same, via web: http://www.copyright.gov/eco    The only question is which system is more reliable. By the way, perhaps Copyrights World works with Library of Congress - they say on the first page of website: "Get the strongest proof of ownership, through our monthly database submission to the US Copyright Office"

Cheers, Michael

• Options
    I guess you must be right then my friend!! It's just that being a Greek, I had no idea about the Library of Congress, that's why I sought something else. I'm sure they're both reliable. 
    The fact remains: Always copyright your stuff!!