Home Vocal Health and Wellness

A tired voice, does it need a day off?

JermJerm Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
Hey guys, I've been doing the KTVA volume 1 exercises for a while on on 95% of the days its fine I can do them no problem no breaks nothing and I can sing fairly decently for about an hour.  My question concerns the days when I just can't seem to stay connected, even though my voice isn't sore (my range becomes very limited and even my speaking voice feels deeper, this also happens when I am physically tired too).  Is this related to going a little to hard the day/night before with singing (usually when I notice this weird effect)? I don't feel strain in my voice when I sing nonstop but it does tire out and it becomes harder to stay connected after singing for over an hour or two.  Sometimes the next day it will be much better if I just take it easy for a full 24hours.

I haven't been singing seriously until I purchased the How to Sing bundle about a month ago so I'm wondering is this just an endurance problem that builds up with time, and is there anything I can do to help prevent it or make it less severe (remedies like hot water lemon?).

Cheers guys and thanks for the support!!!

~Jeremy

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    The voice is a muscle just like any other muscle in the body. Even if you are singing with 100% technique it will fatigue. Get as much rest as you can take a day off re hydrate and get back at it when you feel ready. Start off the exercises lighlty(not airy) and work the power back into it. It will recuperate pretty quick.
  • JermJerm Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thanks man! you rock, I just wanted to make sure it is normal for  that to happen cheers!