Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Learning the hard way

JFronckJFronck Posts: 11Member, 2.0 ENROLLED
I began the lessons with vigor. But, even after being warned, I got lazy with the exercises. I did not hear improvement. So, I became dejected. Well, I have decided this is the Ken Tamplin method, not the ME method. Going back to square one. I am going through this valuable information step by step as it is taught. Anyone else fail and come back to make it right? How did you do?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,562Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    OK. We're all witnesses. You are going to do your workouts and exercises! I have been back to Volume 1 many times. Each time I learned more, and knew more where it was all going to take me.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,638Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    LOL JFronck I think we all go through this at some level. I have also seen it in every endevour that I have ever trained in. Funny story, I had a gun instructor talking about this very thing and he said "Why would someone pay me so much money so that THEY can teach ME how to shoot" :)

I think that you are in the right frame of mind for success. :smiley:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,705Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    HuduVudu said:

I think that you are in the right frame of mind for success. :smiley:

I think so, too. Êtes-vous de la France, Fronck?

Doc
  • JFronckJFronck Posts: 11Member, 2.0 ENROLLED
    J'ai du sang français dans les veines oui
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,705Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    I remember a song that we always sang while sitting around the campfire and having liter by liter of bordeaux mixed with coke:

"Chevalier de la table ronde" - I still know the lyrics today.

Doc
    You should post the song!
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 992Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    @JFronck I think we have all done it our way at some point thinking we got it, I remember Ken saying in a webinar long time ago "if you think you can do this in a year you are a rockstar" he was right! youll find more and more details every time
    edited December 2018
    @JFronck

Salurt Fronck,

I looked it up. The song was originally by a german band.

A votre santé,
    Doc
  • VocalityVocality Posts: 7742.0 PRO
    When I move onto volume 2, if problems arise won't hesitate to go back to volume 1 to revise after all it's the basics we need to apply correctly.
    Good advice. Ty
  • JimiFxJimiFx Posts: 42.0 ENROLLED
    Thank you for the insights on what lies ahead.
  • GoldtaffGoldtaff Posts: 56Pro
    I joined in 2015 full of life but as I was in a band I had to perform which at the time I felt was damaging my voice. Been away for few years now concentrating on work/life but always loved singing. Anyways an old m8 of mine asked me to consider joining there band and here I am back here straight away as I know Ken's methods are the building blocks. Dont get me wrong I been practising now for 2 weeks and I tend to over analyse myself. Sometime I feel good other times I feel really down but that's life.
  • Claude77Claude77 Posts: 191Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @DogMeat I couldn’t agree more!
    Leraning to sing is a process of understanding and a continuous discover
  • Jon69Jon69 Posts: 42.0 PRO
    I like our community I am glad I am now doing this course with all you guys & Girls! Cool M8s...
  • QueenB119QueenB119 Posts: 402.0 PRO
    Don't learn it the hard way guys
  • EnfpEnfp Posts: 11Member, STREAMING PRO
    I left over a year ago due too changes in circumstances, few months after I was able to start practicing but didn't for some reason :(..I wonder where I would be at if I was solid with the program. But know im going to start my journey and get back on the marathon for a great voice! good luck too you and everyone reading this
  • EnfpEnfp Posts: 11Member, STREAMING PRO