Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

Learning the hard way

JFronckJFronck Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 16
I began the lessons with vigor. But, even after being warned, I got lazy with the exercises. I did not hear improvement. So, I became dejected. Well, I have decided this is the Ken Tamplin method, not the ME method. Going back to square one. I am going through this valuable information step by step as it is taught. Anyone else fail and come back to make it right? How did you do?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    OK. We're all witnesses. You are going to do your workouts and exercises! I have been back to Volume 1 many times. Each time I learned more, and knew more where it was all going to take me.
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    LOL JFronck I think we all go through this at some level. I have also seen it in every endevour that I have ever trained in. Funny story, I had a gun instructor talking about this very thing and he said "Why would someone pay me so much money so that THEY can teach ME how to shoot" :)

I think that you are in the right frame of mind for success. :smiley:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    HuduVudu said:

I think that you are in the right frame of mind for success. :smiley:

I think so, too. Êtes-vous de la France, Fronck?

Doc
  • JFronckJFronck Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 16
    J'ai du sang français dans les veines oui
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    I remember a song that we always sang while sitting around the campfire and having liter by liter of bordeaux mixed with coke:

"Chevalier de la table ronde" - I still know the lyrics today.

Doc
    You should post the song!
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @JFronck I think we have all done it our way at some point thinking we got it, I remember Ken saying in a webinar long time ago "if you think you can do this in a year you are a rockstar" he was right! youll find more and more details every time
    edited December 2018
    @JFronck

Salurt Fronck,

I looked it up. The song was originally by a german band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlATSPb7BPk

A votre santé,
    Doc
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    When I move onto volume 2, if problems arise won't hesitate to go back to volume 1 to revise after all it's the basics we need to apply correctly.
    Good advice. Ty
  • JimiFxJimiFx 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 4
    Thank you for the insights on what lies ahead.
  • GoldtaffGoldtaff Pro Posts: 93
    I joined in 2015 full of life but as I was in a band I had to perform which at the time I felt was damaging my voice. Been away for few years now concentrating on work/life but always loved singing. Anyways an old m8 of mine asked me to consider joining there band and here I am back here straight away as I know Ken's methods are the building blocks. Dont get me wrong I been practising now for 2 weeks and I tend to over analyse myself. Sometime I feel good other times I feel really down but that's life.
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    @DogMeat I couldn’t agree more!
    Leraning to sing is a process of understanding and a continuous discover
  • Jon69Jon69 2.0 PRO Posts: 7
    I like our community I am glad I am now doing this course with all you guys & Girls! Cool M8s...
  • QueenB119QueenB119 2.0 PRO Posts: 56
    Don't learn it the hard way guys
  • EnfpEnfp 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    I left over a year ago due too changes in circumstances, few months after I was able to start practicing but didn't for some reason :(..I wonder where I would be at if I was solid with the program. But know im going to start my journey and get back on the marathon for a great voice! good luck too you and everyone reading this
  • EnfpEnfp 2.0 PRO Posts: 20