Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Disco Doc is coming to the house

doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    wow Doc, that was absolutely AMAZING!!!
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    edited January 2019
    DOC! This. Was. Awesome. Thank you for such an entertaining video. So funny how your wife was completely ignoring you, then finally came around at the end. And then that great ending. You really told a story here.

Your singing is sounding better, more supported and on pitch.

How did you shoot this video? Separately from the vocals? Are you lip syncing in parts of it? (it's ok if you lip synch to yourself, lol)

PS great costumes

Michael
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    GREAT job!
    This brought a smile to my face.
    You had so much fun. The video was funny, the voice was good.
    Keep it up. You're improving.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Michael4000, @Klaus_T & @Diego,

Sonja (my wife) and me had really great fun to do this video for you.

Michael, everything you see in the video is faked, besides the part between 2:17 and 2: 35 where I knocked out the playback by a right hook. :)

I did it this way:

1.) yesterday evening I recorded the vocals (in total 3 tracks: one for the verses, one for the telephone part, and another one for the choruses)
    2.) then I bounced the track
    3.) this bounced track was the playback from my laptop you can hear between 2:17 and 2:35. Sonja and I mimicked everything in the video and recorded it - you can see it several times where I do wrong on the video.
    4.) I put everything together in iMovie (a free software that came with my Apple Laptop).

Doc
    the video is great but I think the singing is even better
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    edited January 2019
    @Klaus_T,

I said nothing can take away these blues
    'Cause nothing compares
    Nothing compares to you

Doc

PS.: Do you like the chain I found in my garage right under the surfboards of the kiddies?

PPS.: Ich glaube, dass Sonja zu viell trinkt. :D:D:D:D:D
    @doc_ramadani , I did like the chain, I thought it was the chain your wife normally uses to make sure you are doing your household chores! and yes, it seemed a bit like a commercial for alcohol consumption as well :)
    @Klaus_T

Hmmmpf! ha, ha, ha ... I couldn't hold up.

You really will not want to know ... okay, maybe you would like to know ... the chain ... see ... that is something special ... you know ... my wife ... I love her ... she is unique ... and the chain ... and we have sometimes snow in Germany ... and all this snow ... and there is where the chains come in ... they are very useful ... in many situations ... so often ... and the snow ... we have so many snow in Germany this year.

:)

Doc
    right :) did you know that Fleetwood Mac even wrote a song about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    What do you mean "bounced" the track?

Did you have the music playing in the background from your recorded track while you recorded the videos so you could lip sync properly?

What did you use to record the video?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Two stars are born.
    edited January 2019
    HI @Michael4000,

to bounce the track means to save the final mix into a file (i.e. MP3. Sometimes this is also referred as "Print the Mix". So I haven't had to keep my DAW software opened all the time. I opened up the MP3-File in iTunes.

Sonja, my wife, is a pharmacist and had to prepare for her emergency service. So we did not have much time. We allowed ourselves one shot for each scene. We took our camcorder and the tripod. Then iTunes played the audio and we were mimicking the lyrics. Because we had only one try for each scene I am off many times in the chorus.
    I edited the video, while missing the light of my life (Sonja), in iMovie. I could have used blender ( @HuduVudu mentioned it in a discussion with you ), but I am very familiar with iMovie.

Let's see how it will work in our collaborative demo. I will record my part today.

Doc

PS.: @Klaus_T thanks for remembering me to this song. This could be a cool one for our weekly assignments, too.
    hey @doc_ramadani , yeah, Fleetwood Mac are such a great band. I am working on a punk/ska cover of "Gypsy" which is my favorite of their songs (in the Mirage Tour version, the studio version is a bit too cheesy for me). It is very hard to reconcile the song's vibe with my style (well, covering Stevie Nicks is hard for much better singers than myself to begin with), but I am positive, one day I can somehow pull it off. You'll be the first to get the link to it :)

it's cool to see that you and your family have so much fun together with these videos!
    Hi @Klaus_T,

oh yes, "Gypsy" could suit your voice very well. I am really looking forward the hear your version.

Doc

PS.: Yes, my singing has become a family thing. The kids told us that were a far to old for these embarrassing videos - but Sunny and I don't care.
    Folks,

thank you very much for your comments, also via Private Message. But don't bore me with goofy commentaries. I do not I care if someone could find the video embarrassing. The video was done with love for my classmates here at KTVA. We are really old enough to know what we are doing. Or do you think @victortang did care what anyone thinks about him when showing his first real rock song.

If you don't like it, click away.

Doc
    edited January 2019
    And to add: yes, I am really a medical doctor. So don't give me stupid advices.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Just got time to watch this... It was worth the wait! Besides awesome singing and entertainment value, I really appreciate ur shot setups and how u edited it 👍
    edited January 2019
    Hi @victortang,

WOOOOW, I need that chain for my next video - I NEED IT. Can I borrow it for a short time?

What do you mean?!!! That was my best shirt, and I had make up artists working on me for hours, and the professional videographer and sound engineers etc... HAHAHAHAHA....

Baahahahahahaha! All good, but your makeup artist messed up! :D

Doc
    Ohh, what? You wife is speaking german? - And her pronunciation is so good. Awesome. Tell her that she did really, really good on that "Das ist sehr gut.".

Okay, on the plastic surgery thing: I am very good at sewing sores at the boxing ring but I am not sure that you want to look like the thaiboxers I patch up regularly. Do you?

Doc

PS.: I NEED THIS CHAIN.

PPS.: How much is the annual fee at your gym? - Hopefully I can afford it.
  • Maximus3000Maximus3000 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 82
    Can´t hold it anymore!

This is one of the best videos in this forums!

1000 points for Doc!
    @doc_ramadani
    edited January 2019
    And, @Maximus3000,

and what do I get for my 1000 points? Oh, I have an idea: you have to bear my dance performance at your next gig. :blush:

Doc
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @doc_ramadani

Brilliant that made my night great fun and pretty good vocals.

George
    Thanks, George
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @doc_ramadani

Hey Doc is that a Rode NT1a condenser mic you have? Think that was the one I am considering buying is it good.

George
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Vocality,

it is okay - a little bit harsh.

Doc
    @cwcw: You see, I am more on Disco these days. Marco
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    When is Roc Doc going to show up? I think he could win a battle against Disco Doc.
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Just found this and bumping up. Great stuff :smiley:
    edited September 2019
    Hi mates,

there is a funny story about this video. Sonja and I did this video early 2019 (I started KTVA 6 months ago) and we had so much fun doing it. To be honest, we had a great party with the video and were both drunk at the end of the day. It is hard to be a rockstar, isn't it?

6 weeks after uploading the video I was informed that my video is blocked for the whole world because of copyright violation. Mmph. 6 weeks late I received another E-Mail; "You both are so cool and seem to have a lot of fun. We love that you love our Music.". After that the copyright violation tag was removed.

We are living in great times.

Doc
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    That was very cool! Thanks for the bump.
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    @doc_ramadani I'm glad somebody bumped this. I didn't see it when you released it. Funny!!! and Cool!! :sunglasses:
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437

Hi mates,

there is a funny story about this video. Sonja and I did this video early 2019 (I started KTVA 6 months ago) and we had so much fun doing it. To be honest, we had a great party with the video and were both drunk at the end of the day. It is hard to be a rockstar, isn't it?

6 weeks after uploading the video I was informed that my video is blocked for the whole world because of copyright violation. Mmph. 6 weeks late I received another E-Mail; "You both are so cool and seem to have a lot of fun. We love that you love our Music.". After that the copyright violation tag was removed.

We are living in great times.

Doc

From Youtube (Google) or who? :smile:
  • d1g2w3d1g2w3 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 465
    Oh this is absolute gold!
    Hi Ari, @DogMeat,

I don't have the E-Mail anymore but as I remember it was sent over the Youtube platform. I assume that it was the right holder for the song who was informed by Youtube that I violated his/her copyrights.

OMG, probably Nile Rogers wrote the comment with his own magic fingers while having his "Hitmaker" around the neck, Oh no, and I idiot didn't keep the E-Mail. :joy:

Doc