Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Newbie Demo of Everything I Do (singapore)

Hi, i'm Yu Pei from Singapore. I did a cover on Bryan Adams' "Everything i do" in an open mic. I would like some feedbacks so i can continue to improve, thanks in advance!
Below is the link of my cover.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,6382.0 PRO
    Your sound is very breathy in as in you are using too much air to phonate. This means you need to get better diaphragmatic support. Ken has a great video on this and it will help you understand what needs to be done.

• YPOngYPOng Posts: 7Member
    Hi huduvudu, u mean leaking out too much air right for the term "breathy"?
    Is the articulation alright?
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,6382.0 PRO
    No, I mean that you are using too much air to phonate. Diaphragmatic support is a way to hold back how much air that you are using to phonate. This helps protect your vocal folds from drying out, which can lead to other problems the least of which is hoarseness. This might not be much of a problem for you now, but if you do a lot of practicing or singing in the future it can cause real problems. Also once you learn how to cope with less air to phonate your singing will come a lot easier for you.
  • blondiewalesblondiewales Posts: 482Pro
    Hey. Other than what HuduVudu said, I'd like to mention that I think you have talent for singing, but you need some more practice and confidence. Some of the time you're right on key and other times you're off. I think you may have been a bit nervous? Keep working on it, my friend.

By the way, let me know if you need me to translate anything for you.
  • YPOngYPOng Posts: 7Member
    Huduvudu,
    I will take note on the diaphragmatic support. I agree now does not have hoarsness yet as i dont sing everyday but do practice up to 6 hours each day im free. Thanks alot🙏

Blondiewales,
    Thanks for the encouragement, i will need to focus and practice more so probably nervous will be smaller extent.😅