Homeโ€บ Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Newbie Demo of Everything I Do (singapore)

Hi, i'm Yu Pei from Singapore. I did a cover on Bryan Adams' "Everything i do" in an open mic. I would like some feedbacks so i can continue to improve, thanks in advance!
Below is the link of my cover.
https://youtu.be/iv6aRl3Wj9A

Comments

• Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Your sound is very breathy in as in you are using too much air to phonate. This means you need to get better diaphragmatic support. Ken has a great video on this and it will help you understand what needs to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE
  • Options
    YPOngYPOng Member Posts: 7
    Hi huduvudu, u mean leaking out too much air right for the term "breathy"?
    Is the articulation alright?
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    No, I mean that you are using too much air to phonate. Diaphragmatic support is a way to hold back how much air that you are using to phonate. This helps protect your vocal folds from drying out, which can lead to other problems the least of which is hoarseness. This might not be much of a problem for you now, but if you do a lot of practicing or singing in the future it can cause real problems. Also once you learn how to cope with less air to phonate your singing will come a lot easier for you.
  • Options
    YPOngYPOng Member Posts: 7
    Huduvudu,
    I will take note on the diaphragmatic support. I agree now does not have hoarsness yet as i dont sing everyday but do practice up to 6 hours each day im free. Thanks alot๐Ÿ™

Blondiewales,
    Thanks for the encouragement, i will need to focus and practice more so probably nervous will be smaller extent.๐Ÿ˜…
  • Options
    Edukator99Edukator99 2.0 PRO Posts: 57
    Hey I thought that was pretty good! I'm new here too but I wanted to fire some encouragement your way. When you had to do high your voice really began to distort a lot in a way that I think, could hurt you if you do it to much. Work on the exercises. You have a good voice and are obviously using technique. Just work on improving.
  • Options
    aarsenault12aarsenault12 Pro Posts: 27
    I liked it, a little raspyness sometimes, but overall good