Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

In Ear Monitor Systems- Looking for Recommendations

Does anyone have any good suggestions on in-ear monitor systems that won't break the bank? I know the top brand IEM's run in the $700-$2000 range, but I'm looking for something that is reliable and sounds good that might be a little more affordable.

I'm looking at the Galaxy Audio 950. Anyone had experience with that unit? Anything I should watch out for.

For a little background I sing for two different bands... one is an all original band that so far has done 3-4 gigs. The other is a Journey tribute band. In both bands I have really difficult time hearing the stage monitors and I end up blowing out my voice trying to sign over the stage volume.

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,102Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @GaryDrumm,

I have the Shure SE215-CL and am quite satisfied with them. I takes a time to get used to the feeling and how fiddle out how to put them in correctly but after that they feel very comfortable and the audio quality is good. They are a good start in the world of IEM.

Doc
  • GaryDrummGaryDrumm Posts: 392.0 PRO
    @doc_ramadani. Thank you for your recommendation. I’ll check them out.
  • janne_oksanenjanne_oksanen Posts: 72.0 PRO
    If you want to try IEMs without making a huge investment you can do what I did. Look up headphones called "KZ ZSN Pro". They are Chinese dual driver IEMs that only cost about $15. They sound great and really compete with Shure IEMs 10x the price! Just make sure to also order memory foam tips because they ship with those silicone tips that don't provide quite enough isolation for playing with a drummer. Then pair those IEMs with a Behringer P2 headphone amp belt pack and you have a wided IEM system for about $50.
  • GaryDrummGaryDrumm Posts: 392.0 PRO
    @janne_oksanen The KZ’s are what I settled on. I also got the Galaxy Audio AS 1100 wireless unit. Looking forward to working with it in my upcoming rehearsals. I was blown away by the sound of the ZSN 10 Pros. They sound incredible! Curious to see how they hold up over time.