Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Mars Red Sky - Strong Reflection [Cover]

GuyChanGuyChan Posts: 452.0 PRO
Hi guys, how are you today ?

I made this little cover of Mars Red Sky, tell me what you think about it ! :wink:

Comments

• WigsWigs Posts: 1,174Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    I've never heard this song before so this is just my personal taste but I wanted just a bit more chest in the sound. What you did do though was nicely controlled, had a whimsical trippy feel to it.🙂
  • Chris82Chris82 Posts: 3122.0 PRO
    I liked it! A lot! The vocals fit the track quite well. I do agree though that I think this song would be interesting with a belty Chris Cornell type of voice too. I will say I had a hard time hearing and understanding the lyrics. Maybe you were going for a yellow leddbedder kinda song where you can’t really understand the lyrics but if not then maybe work on that a bit?
  • GuyChanGuyChan Posts: 452.0 PRO
    edited November 2019
    @Wigs @Chris82

This is precisely what I was looking for by singing that way. All I did was actually a choice. Ledbetter ; yeah, it sounds a bit similar in the way of pronouncing words (I wasn't really inspired by that but it is kind of what I wanted to sound like). It's a certain emotion I was feeling when hearing the song at first. Though I also wanted to add more chest into the sound -- and I do agree for the Chris Cornell sound -- I decided for my personal taste to do not use that sound (even if it would have been great !). But you know, I went that way. I could sing that song dozens of ways if I would take the ideas of different people haha. You know, I made that song my own story and so I decided to tell it my own way. I'm also gonna take your idea and work it, 'cause it would be a great inspiration for me. Thanks a lot guys for giving me your opinion ! :wink: