Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Mars Red Sky - Strong Reflection [Cover]

GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
Hi guys, how are you today ?

I made this little cover of Mars Red Sky, tell me what you think about it ! :wink:

https://youtu.be/OLdeHkrRyVI

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I've never heard this song before so this is just my personal taste but I wanted just a bit more chest in the sound. What you did do though was nicely controlled, had a whimsical trippy feel to it.🙂
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    I liked it! A lot! The vocals fit the track quite well. I do agree though that I think this song would be interesting with a belty Chris Cornell type of voice too. I will say I had a hard time hearing and understanding the lyrics. Maybe you were going for a yellow leddbedder kinda song where you can’t really understand the lyrics but if not then maybe work on that a bit?
  • Options
    GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
    edited November 2019
    @Wigs @Chris82

This is precisely what I was looking for by singing that way. All I did was actually a choice. Ledbetter ; yeah, it sounds a bit similar in the way of pronouncing words (I wasn't really inspired by that but it is kind of what I wanted to sound like). It's a certain emotion I was feeling when hearing the song at first. Though I also wanted to add more chest into the sound -- and I do agree for the Chris Cornell sound -- I decided for my personal taste to do not use that sound (even if it would have been great !). But you know, I went that way. I could sing that song dozens of ways if I would take the ideas of different people haha. You know, I made that song my own story and so I decided to tell it my own way. I'm also gonna take your idea and work it, 'cause it would be a great inspiration for me. Thanks a lot guys for giving me your opinion ! :wink: