Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

O holy night

Be honest, be brutal.
Thank you so much for your time 🙂

Comments

• WigsWigs Posts: 1,174Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    You had some really good open throat techniques there and held the notes well. A few slightly off pitch, it sounded like you needed a bit more familiarity with the song but it didn't diminish an impressive performance.
  • Chris82Chris82 Posts: 3122.0 PRO
    That sounded pretty good to me. As @Wigs pointed out there are some pitch issues here and there but other than that It sounded wonderful to me!
  • DogMeatDogMeat Posts: 2702.0 PRO
    Very beautiful performance. You sound like an angel in the church. I heard just few out of tune notes, but overall very good.
  • maximgottmermaximgottmer Posts: 2432.0 PRO
    Very nice, good job. You can be proud.
    Maxim
  • heidianitaheidianita Posts: 512.0 PRO
    Thank you so much for your feedback 🙏 i am aware of the pitch issues. I made this one while I was 7 month pregnant and I was in a hurry to get it out before christmas, so I didnt have the energi to work on it as much as i should have. But your feedback gives me the feeling that I am starting to understand what we are searching for, the open troat and the control of air. I do believe I am starting to get the term cord closure as well.

Som, thanks again 🙂
  • DogMeatDogMeat Posts: 2702.0 PRO
    Hey no need to explain anything :smile: . That was a very good performance, and only the best of the best sing flawlessly live. We use the word "issue" here, but i don't think it describes very well your performance. I'd like to see "pitch issues" referred when someone is out of tune all the time or sings out of melody. That was not the case here :smile:
  • blondiewalesblondiewales Posts: 483Pro
    edited November 2019
    I thought you had parts that were very good. My first thoughts were "wow, she's starting high, I wonder if she can hit the high note." And you did.

On the other hand, you had parts that fell flat, haha. You also had parts that were more strained than I know you're capable of. Your falsetto is beautiful. If you polished up those iffy parts, your performance could be record-worthy. Thanks for spreading the Christmas spirit.
  • DiegoDiego Posts: 1,044Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    Your voice is very pretty 😊.
    Good job on that. Very angelical and smooth. You should try Evanescence 😂. I really liked the top note.

Apart from what the guys said, I think you're fantastic. I want to hear more.

Keep it up!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,457Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @heidianita,

I agree with Diego: "I want to hear more".

Doc
  • KenfromCZKenfromCZ Posts: 23Member
    @heidianita
    Is possible it listen it again. Without horror in eyes.That's mark of good quality for me.
  • epoloepolo Posts: 82.0 PRO
    I'm a newbie singer but I can tell you have a beautiful and pleasant voice. I can also hear what the others are saying with the pitch issues. Overall great job though!