Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Short People - Randy Newman (Cover)

Chris82Chris82 Posts: 3122.0 PRO
HEADPHONE WARNING: My vocals are a bit too loud in this because I suck at mixing apparently. I'l have to re-record this I think with better volume levels but my vocals are way louder than the backing track. Is there some sort of good videos I can check out on recording and mixing and stuff like that because I'm getting okay at the singing but the recording part I need to work on lol.

Edit: Re-Recorded It, Sorry Bout That.

Anyways, here is my take on Randy Newman's novelty song "Short People"

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,457Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Good morning, Chris, @Chris82

wow, I am impressed by your progress. You are doing pretty good and this song suits your voice so well. I like the tone you have to your voice. Unique and pleasant. Man, if you continue to grow that fast I can't imagine where you will be in one year. Kudos mate, good job.

As always: try to slow down your vibrato even more if you want to have more colors to your vocabulary.

Doc
  • WigsWigs Posts: 1,174Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    In my video editing tutorials we get told that an average of -6db is ideal for broadcast with only a few peaks approaching 0db on the final mix if that helps🙂

This was a cool track, do you sing any presidents of the USA?
  • Chris82Chris82 Posts: 3122.0 PRO
    @Wigs That's good to know! I used to love the Presidents of the United States when they first came out but I haven't sang their songs in a long time. I used to sing their Lump and Peaches songs :pensive: