Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Short People - Randy Newman (Cover)

Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
HEADPHONE WARNING: My vocals are a bit too loud in this because I suck at mixing apparently. I'l have to re-record this I think with better volume levels but my vocals are way louder than the backing track. Is there some sort of good videos I can check out on recording and mixing and stuff like that because I'm getting okay at the singing but the recording part I need to work on lol.

Edit: Re-Recorded It, Sorry Bout That.

Anyways, here is my take on Randy Newman's novelty song "Short People"

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Good morning, Chris, @Chris82

wow, I am impressed by your progress. You are doing pretty good and this song suits your voice so well. I like the tone you have to your voice. Unique and pleasant. Man, if you continue to grow that fast I can't imagine where you will be in one year. Kudos mate, good job.

As always: try to slow down your vibrato even more if you want to have more colors to your vocabulary.

Doc
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    In my video editing tutorials we get told that an average of -6db is ideal for broadcast with only a few peaks approaching 0db on the final mix if that helps🙂

This was a cool track, do you sing any presidents of the USA?
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @Wigs That's good to know! I used to love the Presidents of the United States when they first came out but I haven't sang their songs in a long time. I used to sing their Lump and Peaches songs :pensive: