Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

“Under the bridge” demo. Constructive criticism please

I’ve been working on volume 1 for a few months, with a couple week or 2 breaks. This is an easy song to sing, but I can definitely tell I have more strength in my voice now. Let me know what you think and how I can improve. Thanks in advance
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ueav0xue3ilymt/Under the bridge.m4a?dl=0

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Posts: 8302.0 PRO
    hey Seth, good job, I think that sounds pretty cool!

what I noticed was that you sound very similar across the whole song, you could maybe add some variation in places. emphasize some word/phrases more than others, for example.

you could do this first part a bit more spoken with shorter vowels, and then be more "sung" in the next part. if that makes any sense.

• Chris82Chris82 Posts: 3192.0 PRO
    Your pitch, diction and tempo are very good on this song. It sounds like a well supported voice to me. Good Job! It did sound a little overly nasal at some points.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,516Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hey Seth, @Seth_Weihrauch

welcome back again. So I am finally allowed to listen to demo of your voice. :smile:

Pretty good job, man. You sounded very good on some spots. At the same time I agree to what out mates mentioned: some spots sound a little bit nasally. On these spots try to smile into the sound and expose your upper theeth. That might help you to keep the sound open.

Doc
  • Seth_WeihrauchSeth_Weihrauch Posts: 182.0 ENROLLED
    Thank you all for the pointers and encouragement!