Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

“Under the bridge” demo. Constructive criticism please

I’ve been working on volume 1 for a few months, with a couple week or 2 breaks. This is an easy song to sing, but I can definitely tell I have more strength in my voice now. Let me know what you think and how I can improve. Thanks in advance
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ueav0xue3ilymt/Under the bridge.m4a?dl=0

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hey Seth, good job, I think that sounds pretty cool!

what I noticed was that you sound very similar across the whole song, you could maybe add some variation in places. emphasize some word/phrases more than others, for example.

you could do this first part a bit more spoken with shorter vowels, and then be more "sung" in the next part. if that makes any sense.

• Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Your pitch, diction and tempo are very good on this song. It sounds like a well supported voice to me. Good Job! It did sound a little overly nasal at some points.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hey Seth, @Seth_Weihrauch

welcome back again. So I am finally allowed to listen to demo of your voice. :smile:

Pretty good job, man. You sounded very good on some spots. At the same time I agree to what out mates mentioned: some spots sound a little bit nasally. On these spots try to smile into the sound and expose your upper theeth. That might help you to keep the sound open.

Doc
  • Seth_WeihrauchSeth_Weihrauch 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 18
    Thank you all for the pointers and encouragement!