Home Psychology of Singing

Can't wait to record, but I fear the akward moment of hearing it

PhMarnePhMarne Member Posts: 45
edited February 21 in Psychology of Singing
Strangely enough, this forum makes me want to record myself and post it: for the first time in my life, this morning I sung a song I had practiced, in order test the rendition of it (caught a glimpse of the recording section of the forum, by the way)

Right now, I feel ready to record and listen to it, although I know I will certainly dislike the sound of my voice

But I'm so curious to hear the result of the exercises and restructuring of the song, that I'm willing to go beyond the akward feeling of hearing myself

Still, I fear I may never find any of my recordings OK : how do you know your singing is OK ?

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 152
    Do it man! It will only make you better. It may reveal some painful stuff but finding out the bad parts is the first step toward making them sound good. Eventually you will like the way it sounds cuz it will have made you better. The tape doesn’t lie and you will grow from it Do it. In the long run you will be glad you did
  • PhMarnePhMarne Member Posts: 45
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 39
    Hi @PhMarne! Regarding your post... welcome ... get in line! haha
    It is totally normal and everyone here and outside this forum probably felt the same things. If you work on your voice with constancy, you will improve, you will sound good, but for that you need to go through different phases, including listening to yourself.
    And regarding your last question, record yourself and listen, try to identify your areas to improve and try to improve them. Do not delete your recordings. Sometimes you will think that you sing better than some previous recording and you will want to delete it, DON'T DO IT! That is one way to see how you improved, what are your other areas to improve and identify the things you do unconsciously in all the recordings and that you needs to change.
    As @sjonrokz4u mentioned (and totally agree), do it man!
    Good luck!
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T 2.0 PRO Posts: 973
    also, you will get used so quickly to hearing yourself, you will look back not even remembering what the actual problem was :)
  • PhMarnePhMarne Member Posts: 45