Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

"Ausgangssperre" - Original song

Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
Hi mates, super-exciting (for me anyway): My band have released this song, written and sung by me.

it is about the curfew (=Ausgangssperre) and "conspiracy theories" if you will. It's in german though.

https://soundcloud.com/dummekinder/ausgangssperre/s-ko05YImGyON

@doc_ramadani @Diego @Michael4000 @Sophia @Wigs & @everyone else who wants to ruin their ears!

Comments

• shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Can not listen to it without a spotify account.. sorry.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @shining ah sorry, i changed it to something that should work now.
    Ah.. this one is really cool!!!
    And.. sorry but I have to write this in german now.. don´t know how to say it in correct english

Ich finde es wirklich ziemlich gut! Geil gemacht! Das einzige was mich persönlich ein wenig stört ist der letzte Ton bei "Ausgangssperre"... Ihr/du gehst nach oben.. ich hätte es etwas "dreckiger" nach unten zogen am Ende... also mehr wie ein tieferes äääh. Aber jeder hat wohl seinen Stil und es ist Geschmackssache.
    edited April 2020
    @shining thanks, glad you like it! yeah cool idea i will try this out. in case we can practice again, which we can't now due to "ausgangssperre".
    Lol.. yes... the "Ausgangssperre" :lol: Did you see the latest video from "Die Ärzte"? They found a funny solution *gg
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Its been ages since I heard you sing! This is cool, the quality of the recording is as professional as anything ive heard for this type of music and in a language I dont understand :smile:

You are in your element here!
  • Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Nice! I have no idea what you're saying, but from your description it sounds like you are singing about The Angst of having to social distance. It reminds me of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Nice job.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Hallo! Sehr gut Klaus!

I find this song to be pretty good. It has potential. I would like the drums to kick a little more in the mix too just so you feel the beat a little more. Your voice sounds good, I like the doubling you did on the pre-chorus. I don't know if you can find a way to incorporate harmonies somewhere in the chorus so it gives it a better feel.

Ich mag das Lied, mach weiter so!

Gut gemacht.
    edited April 2020
    thanks for your comments! i google-translated the lyrics for you now. see below

@shining: I will have to check out that Ärzte song now!

@Wigs, yes this is my element, and the crisis really is a field day for writing punk lyrics. still, I would prefer to not having to write too much about it in the near future!

@Michael4000 yeah, I listened to MMB a lot back in the day. I was a teenager in the mid/late nineties, so I really got into ska-punk then. you too?

@DIego originally the other singer of the band should have done overdubs, but he didn't get his gear set up on time at home, and I wanted this out while the topic is still hot (although, now they are already saying that they might extend the measures until the end of the year, so maybe the rush was not necessary).

CURFEW

now they made it no one is allowed out
    in the brave new world everyone stays at home
    laws are changed, the constitution undermined
    while you're queuing for toilet paper in the supermarket

an invisible enemy, suddenly we're at war
    the whole world in lockdown from new york to berlin
    the media aligned to stir up the hysteria
    now all means are right to defeat the virus

//// CURFEW////

everything went according to plan hardly anyone contradicted
    what exactly happened here, many only understood afterwards
    the one world government came through the back door
    I woke up this morning in a dystopia

///// CURFEW////

ask yourself who benefits
    the crisis was staged
    your future will be gambled
    while you sit at home

//// CURFEW////
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Klaus_T

Great to hear your own song, like frantic pace of the song and it tells the story of whats happening accross the world, punk rock feel to it very good. Bit of vocal distortion in there as well nice work and I think it's got potential as well.

Vocality :)
    edited April 2020
    @Vocality thanks for your comment, good to hear you enjoyed it! yeah punk is my main style really. i am sure there is even some not-so-safe vocal distortion in there, but it doesn't look like I will have to sing this live any time soon due to general circumstances...
    @shining that ärzte song is cool! thanks for pointing it out
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Klaus, @Klaus_T

rock-solid punk. Didn't expect less. I hope you have a lot of success with the song.

Doc
    @doc_ramadani thanks for your nice comment! hope you are doing well.