Greetings, fellow singers!
Wich of the following Beyerdynamic headphones should I opt for:
- the closed ones, DT770?
- the open ones, DT990?
Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 397
    Ya know, I should clarify this. I didn’t use them for singing. I used them for listening in on monitors with my PA system. But I did think they were great headphones and very comfortable
  • PhMarnePhMarne Member Posts: 63
    Thanks again @sjonrokz4u
    I'm keeping the post open in order to collect other opinions
  • EscironEsciron 2.0 PRO Posts: 23
    I thougth the open ones are the beyerdinamic 880.
    I think 990 are semi-open. I use open kind more often, even recording vocals, and only close ones when I need to, the reason is that they feel more natural and confortable, specially when using them for long periods of time. But there are scenarios where a close ones work better (using electronic drum kit i.e.) In any case all the listed are exceptional quality and a great buy for the price!

• Klaus_TKlaus_T 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,134
    edited June 21
    what do you want to use them for? if you want to avoid headphone bleed or avoid hearing background noise (mixing in noisy environment), closed. if you want it comfy over longer time and less hard on your ears, the open ones. i have both, and they are both similar in terms of the built and everything, both very good. the closed one is standard in the studios i work for (voice over for video games). everyone uses them. i would get the closed one if i had to chose, it is probably a bit more flexible for more allround occasions. if you are in extra noisy environments a lot, there is the 770 M (i think) which is for drummers. super isolation but also not sounding quite as good, and more exhausting to wear for longer time

either way, you won't regret it, i would never bother with another set of hadphones if they broke i'd just replace them

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,298
    I just bough a pair of Shure SRH440 headphones with advice from my local music store, they work quite well for monitoring etc!!
  • wojtekwojtek Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 91
    edited June 21
    I am just about to purchase a pair of closed headphones.
    I was thinking between DT770 and Audio technica ATH M50X.
    I want to use them mostly for singing.
    Tbh I am more inclined towards ATH because they look better, and both of them have great reviews so there isn't a bad choice :D (DT770 are most likely more comfy, but I won't be wearing them for long periods of times)
    I guess at the end I wouldn't notice much of a difference since I am new to this, always had cheap audio speakers - well, bough a pair of studio monitors a month ago :p