Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Options

Is doing the online course as effective as getting a vocal coach?

So yeah, I hear a lot of people say that if you are serious about getting good at singing you need a vocal coach and I am damn serious about being a musician but see I live in Mexico and currently having financial issues, so I can't afford a vocal coach, maybe I could but like one every full moon,

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    edited September 2020
    Ken's course is the most effective online course. There are lots of online courses, but Ken's is the only one that will teach you to sing anywhere near as well as he sings. You will have to apply yourself and practice as seriously as you would on any other instrument, but this time the instrument is YOU.

Unless they have taken Ken's course, the average personal vocal coach will fall very short of what you can learn on your own with Ken's course and the assistance you can get on the forums.

The average local vocal instructor will charge you by the hour, and it won't take long until you have spent more on private lessons than you would have on Ken's PRO course. Chances are that you will learn far less about really becoming an effective singer from your local vocal coach.
  • Options
    NinaSTNinaST 2.0 PRO Posts: 91
    I agree with highmtn.
    It's better to use Ken's course and learn it correctly from the start than getting a mediocre vocal coach that might even give you wrong information. (True story)
    When you realize you've been doing it all wrong, you will need to get it out of your system, which will cost you even more time and money.
    If you are really dedicated, Ken's course is the way to go.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042