Original song “Voodoo Queen”
Furious_Phil
Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
This (and a handful of others) were finished just after Covid-19 struck. This was among the first dozen songs that I wrote since I started training with KTVA.
I played all instruments (Drums were Superior Drummer), as well as mixed and mastered them all. What a steep learning curve!
It’s not perfect, and I struggle with myself to leave a few carbuncles in there for the humanity of it all :-p
Cheers,
Phillip
GoogleDrive link removed... uploading a soundcloud link momentarily
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/bG5cSNCeyQa3wDpr6
@doc_ramadani @bentk @Wigs @Klaus_T @highmtn @streeter
I played all instruments (Drums were Superior Drummer), as well as mixed and mastered them all. What a steep learning curve!
It’s not perfect, and I struggle with myself to leave a few carbuncles in there for the humanity of it all :-p
Cheers,
Phillip
GoogleDrive link removed... uploading a soundcloud link momentarily
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/bG5cSNCeyQa3wDpr6
@doc_ramadani @bentk @Wigs @Klaus_T @highmtn @streeter
Comments
-
I love how well you control your vibrato! If I heard this on the radio, I would automatically assume this was a hit song from back before I was born
Im in the baby stages of mixing as well (still only vocals), everything sounded fairly well seated in the mix. Kudos mate, this would have taken some time to do. -
Thanks man!
I have a real phobia of the goat’s wiggle vibrato, so I try to use it to emphasize as opposed to cover up bad pitch lol
Yes, mixing and mastering is a real chore. This one was the rawest of the bunch. I’ll try putting up another one in a week or so 🤘🏻 -
Hi Phillip,
@Furious_Phil,
oh man, that reminds me of my Youth. I love this Rock Vibe. This could be a Van Halen track. And I take my hat off to you. Very good sound, very good control and excellent intonation. I love that sound of the "high notes".
Are you interested in Songwriting collaborations?
Yours, Doc -
@doc_ramadani , wow mate, thanks so much! Greatly appreciated :-D
Maybe I’ll post another one from that album collection soon.
I have actually just finished getting the next album collection ready for recording... these were all written during COVID, and I can’t wait to start laying tracks for them!
It’s so weird how in my many years as a musician, I may have written 10 mediocre songs, with 1or 2 being actually decent... But in the last 18 months I’ve written no less than 50, with around 40 of them being good enough to let people hear. In fact these next 10 rock songs and another 15 that fall between jazz and pop are probably the best things I’ve ever written.
To answer your other question, I have indeed been doing a few collabs during covid, so yes of course :-B -
I just read the new rulings on how to share music, and removed the GoogleDrive link and replaced it with a proper SoundCloud link.
Mea Culpa
Let me know if y'all can access it
Cheers,
Phillip -
Yes, it's working fine on Soundcloud. Sounds very good, Phillip. You are doing well with the music production learning curve, and your voice is rockin'!
-
Hi,
your voice is incredible. How long you have been singing, if I may ask?
Well done, really good!!! -
@highmtn -Thanks Bob! This was probably the closest to raw of the collection I recorded.
@Emanuele - Thanks, very much appreciated! If memory serves, I think this might be just into year 4!
I’ve had allot of setbacks over the years, but Ken’s awesome teaching and insight has kept me moving forward :-) -
Very good voice! Hope that this covid thing will go away and make room for some serious set of rock'n'roll! Very good work altogether... I'm impressed.
-
Nice work on the vocals and lyrics, retro-throw-back sound, a similar but different approach to my album that I just released.
-
Awesome man! I certainly envy your vibrato control!
-
Nice! ✌️🎤🌈
-
I really like this! Well Done!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy






