Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Original song “Voodoo Queen”

Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
This (and a handful of others) were finished just after Covid-19 struck. This was among the first dozen songs that I wrote since I started training with KTVA.
I played all instruments (Drums were Superior Drummer), as well as mixed and mastered them all. What a steep learning curve!
It’s not perfect, and I struggle with myself to leave a few carbuncles in there for the humanity of it all :-p

Cheers,

Phillip

GoogleDrive link removed... uploading a soundcloud link momentarily
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/bG5cSNCeyQa3wDpr6

@doc_ramadani @bentk @Wigs @Klaus_T @highmtn @streeter

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I love how well you control your vibrato! If I heard this on the radio, I would automatically assume this was a hit song from back before I was born :smile: Im in the baby stages of mixing as well (still only vocals), everything sounded fairly well seated in the mix. Kudos mate, this would have taken some time to do.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Thanks man!
    I have a real phobia of the goat’s wiggle vibrato, so I try to use it to emphasize as opposed to cover up bad pitch lol
    Yes, mixing and mastering is a real chore. This one was the rawest of the bunch. I’ll try putting up another one in a week or so 🤘🏻
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Phillip,
    @Furious_Phil,

oh man, that reminds me of my Youth. I love this Rock Vibe. This could be a Van Halen track. And I take my hat off to you. Very good sound, very good control and excellent intonation. I love that sound of the "high notes".

Are you interested in Songwriting collaborations?

Yours, Doc
    @doc_ramadani , wow mate, thanks so much! Greatly appreciated :-D
    Maybe I’ll post another one from that album collection soon.

I have actually just finished getting the next album collection ready for recording... these were all written during COVID, and I can’t wait to start laying tracks for them!
    It’s so weird how in my many years as a musician, I may have written 10 mediocre songs, with 1or 2 being actually decent... But in the last 18 months I’ve written no less than 50, with around 40 of them being good enough to let people hear. In fact these next 10 rock songs and another 15 that fall between jazz and pop are probably the best things I’ve ever written.

To answer your other question, I have indeed been doing a few collabs during covid, so yes of course :-B
    I just read the new rulings on how to share music, and removed the GoogleDrive link and replaced it with a proper SoundCloud link.
    Mea Culpa :wink:
    Let me know if y'all can access it

Cheers,

Phillip
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, it's working fine on Soundcloud. Sounds very good, Phillip. You are doing well with the music production learning curve, and your voice is rockin'!
  • EmanueleEmanuele 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    Hi,

your voice is incredible. How long you have been singing, if I may ask?

Well done, really good!!!
    @highmtn -Thanks Bob! This was probably the closest to raw of the collection I recorded.

@Emanuele - Thanks, very much appreciated! If memory serves, I think this might be just into year 4!
    I’ve had allot of setbacks over the years, but Ken’s awesome teaching and insight has kept me moving forward :-)
  • ModMod 2.0 PRO Posts: 60
    Very good voice! Hope that this covid thing will go away and make room for some serious set of rock'n'roll! Very good work altogether... I'm impressed.
  • Joy69Joy69 2.0 PRO Posts: 9
    Nice work on the vocals and lyrics, retro-throw-back sound, a similar but different approach to my album that I just released.
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    Awesome man! I certainly envy your vibrato control!
  • RainbowRainbow 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 9
    Nice! ✌️🎤🌈
  • bikerdaddybikerdaddy 2.0 ENROLLED, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 17
    I really like this! Well Done!