Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New Student! Old Man!

bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
Hello all! I have been singing for about a year! Im currently with a rock/party band and have only watched some of the training videos that were on youtube! However, with just those videos I have come amazingly far in a year, so I decided it was worth my time and effort to practice and learn correctly!

Glad to be here and thanks for having me! Keep Rocking!

Chris

Comments

  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,806
    welcome! if you bought the course, you might want to look into getting student's access to the forum. check the list on the right where it says "NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADE"
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,273
    I was an old man new student this time last year. Welcome. How old are you what kind of songs do you guys do?
  • bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Klaus_T said:

    welcome! if you bought the course, you might want to look into getting student's access to the forum. check the list on the right where it says "NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADE"

    Thank you! I did follow the directions they just hadnt gotten to it yet!!
  • bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20

    I was an old man new student this time last year. Welcome. How old are you what kind of songs do you guys do?


    I am 45 now. We do all. We are a party band so we do rock/pop/country. Its been a lot of fun. I have played many instruments for myself over the years but never professionally or in a band setting. So this is my first real band experience and I am only singing. So it was really nerve wracking for me, but I feel I have excelled and am now ready for the next level. I feel like I have come so far in just a year! If you care to look at our page we are at facebook.com/100proofnation hopefully not a problem to post that here, not advertising.

    How was it for you over the last year? How has the program been for you? I started with just the youtube videos and it really did help me over the last year. Thanks for responding! Cheers!
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Welcome! It’s always exciting having new people here! The course is great if you really give an honest go. Use the forums here to ask questions and most of all have fun with it!

    I need to join a band like you some day, it sounds fun. I’ve only auditioned for one band though and I “wasn’t what they were looking for”.

    Got any tips on how to do that cause best I can come up with is searching Craigslist for “Singer”. How do bands find mates?

  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 4,235
    Welcome mate, you've only got a few years on me, so thanks, I can now consider myself young 😅 you'll find this course really challenges you and fulfilling too!
  • bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Chris82 said:

    Welcome! It’s always exciting having new people here! The course is great if you really give an honest go. Use the forums here to ask questions and most of all have fun with it!

    I need to join a band like you some day, it sounds fun. I’ve only auditioned for one band though and I “wasn’t what they were looking for”.

    Got any tips on how to do that cause best I can come up with is searching Craigslist for “Singer”. How do bands find mates?


    Thanks for the response! To be honest I answered a facebook ad. I did 2 4 hour auditions with the same band and they let me know I was their selection. This is my first real band.
  • bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Wigs said:

    Welcome mate, you've only got a few years on me, so thanks, I can now consider myself young 😅 you'll find this course really challenges you and fulfilling too!


    Thanks Wigs! BTW I watched your lesson with Ken and find you did a great job! Watched both of your posts from 2 years ago to now and noticed great improvement. Played it for my wife as well and she noticed as well! Keep Rocking!!!
  • Bones44Bones44 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
    Old? Don't make me laugh! :) I'm 60 in April and other than the odd warble along in the car I've never sang. Signed up because I've always wanted to play an istrument, but never got around to it. Completely forgetting I've got one already implanted in my throat. Not looking to sing professionally, but you never know! ;)
  • bellckbbellckb 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    Love it!! Go get em!!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,273
    Yeah I’m 56 and I get that warble sometimes too
Sign In or Register to comment.