Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Journey - Don't Stop Believing Cover by Diego

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,140

Comments

• codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 304
    @Diego,

Dude...... you have to be really proud of that! There is so much technique in that song, and you executed it flawlessly in my opinion. Really, really impressed, what an inspiration!!

Regards,

Scotty
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,632
    Great cover and a great performance! I really like your singing style in general. Nice clear tone and a great powerful mix voice.

I'm happy for you Diego, you are doing great. Thank you for sharing!
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,525
    edited March 16
    Great job @Diego not heard you for a while, you really excelled in all areas of your voice and congratulations on reaching this level of perfection well done.

George :)
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,284
    Sounds great dude. I’ve been working on that for the last month. It’s very hit and miss for me and will probably never sound that good. I keep running out of stamina I guess and my voice gets gravely. Great job!!
  • Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @Diego
    Always great to hear new songs from you. Great job! I think your tone has improved a lot again and still has gotten a bit cleaner and fuller since the last song I heard from you. Range is still awesome as it has always been, so well done!
    Only thing that I noticed: I think Steve Perry does the „jee-ust“ instead of „just“ in the opening verses a little more subtle, not to make it sound too artificial. But I understand that this requires really a lot of work to maintain good open throat technique all the way through, so overall, great work!
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    edited March 17
    Amazing work @Diego and good to hear you again. Kind of shame to have your quality vocals on a crappy quality backtrack like that :)
  • GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO Posts: 92
    This is great ! You find the same placement as he does. For a second at the begining, I forgot that I wes listening to Diego's cover. Good tone, good strenght. You did an excellent job. Keep on rockin' ;)
  • maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 311
    Very good Job Diego!!!!
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 375
    Killer job on a killer song! Nice work, Diego
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 408
    Wow Diego.. your voice is outstanding <3
    I don´t know the original.. but I don´t think this can be done better.

• RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 375
    @shining This song was a top 10 hit for Journey in ‘81. It might have not done as well overseas. The original vocalist is Steve Perry who is nicknamed “The Voice”. He is absolutely incredible. You should look up some old Journey concerts on YouTube, Steve’s vocals are every bit as good live as on record.
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 408
    Well.. I was 6 in '81 and listening to Elvis :D
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hey @Diego,

great singing, perfect placement, outstanding performance. Great job, mate.

Doc
  • HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 27
    3/23 Hi @Diego !.. wowza.. Don't Stop!
    Impressive! There are parts of it where.. I thought I was listening to Steve! And even 5 to 10 minutes after hearing this Song.. your Voice is echoing in my head and I'm still mixing it in with Steve's! That signals to me that you have captured elements of the Original. I like your tackling of the open vowels. Thx so much for sharing this with me.. Diego. Keep Rockin'!