Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Journey - Don't Stop Believing Cover by Diego

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157

Comments

• Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @Diego,

Dude...... you have to be really proud of that! There is so much technique in that song, and you executed it flawlessly in my opinion. Really, really impressed, what an inspiration!!

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Great cover and a great performance! I really like your singing style in general. Nice clear tone and a great powerful mix voice.

I'm happy for you Diego, you are doing great. Thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2021
    Great job @Diego not heard you for a while, you really excelled in all areas of your voice and congratulations on reaching this level of perfection well done.

George :)
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Sounds great dude. I’ve been working on that for the last month. It’s very hit and miss for me and will probably never sound that good. I keep running out of stamina I guess and my voice gets gravely. Great job!!
  • Options
    Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @Diego
    Always great to hear new songs from you. Great job! I think your tone has improved a lot again and still has gotten a bit cleaner and fuller since the last song I heard from you. Range is still awesome as it has always been, so well done!
    Only thing that I noticed: I think Steve Perry does the „jee-ust“ instead of „just“ in the opening verses a little more subtle, not to make it sound too artificial. But I understand that this requires really a lot of work to maintain good open throat technique all the way through, so overall, great work!
  • Options
    DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    edited March 2021
    Amazing work @Diego and good to hear you again. Kind of shame to have your quality vocals on a crappy quality backtrack like that :)
  • Options
    GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
    This is great ! You find the same placement as he does. For a second at the begining, I forgot that I wes listening to Diego's cover. Good tone, good strenght. You did an excellent job. Keep on rockin' ;)
  • Options
    maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Very good Job Diego!!!!
  • Options
    RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Killer job on a killer song! Nice work, Diego
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Wow Diego.. your voice is outstanding <3
    I don´t know the original.. but I don´t think this can be done better.

• Options
    RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    @shining This song was a top 10 hit for Journey in ‘81. It might have not done as well overseas. The original vocalist is Steve Perry who is nicknamed “The Voice”. He is absolutely incredible. You should look up some old Journey concerts on YouTube, Steve’s vocals are every bit as good live as on record.
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Well.. I was 6 in '81 and listening to Elvis :D
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hey @Diego,

great singing, perfect placement, outstanding performance. Great job, mate.

Doc
  • Options
    HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 27
    3/23 Hi @Diego !.. wowza.. Don't Stop!
    Impressive! There are parts of it where.. I thought I was listening to Steve! And even 5 to 10 minutes after hearing this Song.. your Voice is echoing in my head and I'm still mixing it in with Steve's! That signals to me that you have captured elements of the Original. I like your tackling of the open vowels. Thx so much for sharing this with me.. Diego. Keep Rockin'!
  • Options
    Thank you all! I really appreciate all of the comments.

I keep on practicing every day and will continue to. There's always much to learn :).
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @Diego

Great to hear from you again hope your doing well mate and hope to hear more of your songs!

George
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355

Felt like I was learning how Perry negotiated all those vowels and consonants just by listening to Diego. Thanks for the 4-minute masterclass, Diego!
  • Options
    @Terence thank you so much! Huge compliment.

Took a lot to get there and much more to do. I can hear many things to improve in my own recording haha.
  • Options
    CsesztesCsesztes Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 102
    @Diego

To be honest at the first few lines I thought it was the original song.
    Very impressive, great technique! This song is a beast, but you nailed it! \m/
  • Options
    kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    @Diego what a great performance, congratulations for working hard and reaching this goal!