Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

.How can I do my vocal exercises without disturbing my neighbours or family?

I'm having a real problem here .I do Ken vocal exercises an hour a day and then I practice singing songs for like an another hour. I cant do vocal exercises without disturbing my neighbours and family . Is there any way to prevent my voice going outside of my house ? Can I try lowering my voice with pillow on my face? This is the big problem. My neighbours have started asking where is the noise coming from?

Answers

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 4,611
    I've never tried the pillow, and without some kind of room treatment it's going to be hard. The only other thing I can suggest is in a car, I know that standing is better but if it's all you can do it's better than nothing.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 4,611
    Actually another option is to go into your cupboard and close the door, the clothes will muffle a lot of sound.
  • cowoltercowolter Member Posts: 8
    edited January 25
    Sing at reasonable hours during the day. If a neighbor has complaints, reach out to them to establish a schedule when they know you’ll be have singing exercise. If they’re expecting you to be singing, chances are they won’t have a problem with it.