Home Off Topic

Really skilled Baritone singers! -with good head tones!-

gerardogerardo Enrolled Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in Off Topic
Hi everyone!!
Im a baritone and in my life i have known very few good baritone referents! -lot of tenors but baritones, are fewer!- so i was thinking that could be a great idea to open an instance in which we can share the singers that we know that are baritones that in our opinion really know what they are doing! 

I will show this 2 that are my main baritone idols! :D

Gackt - Last Song (japanese singer!)
(the high notes are at the end, 4:40 :D)

Beto Cuevas (La Ley) - Histeria (chilean singer!) (sorry for the quality of this one!)
(the high notes are at the end, 3:14 :D)
(if you want to listen it with more quality, the album version of this song is here ;)
)

What do you think? any appreciations? :P
If you know good baritone singers, skilled or with a lot of range and power, or simple that really know how to sing well and beautiful! (hahahh or both! xD) that you would want to share! post it here :D!
Thank you!!

Answers

• SanninoSannino Pro Posts: 66
    I know one: Ken Tamplin lol

Seriously, he is one of my all time favourites. The guy who sings with him in the video below is Jeff Scott Soto, one ofy favourites also.

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro Posts: 14,885
    edited April 2012

gerardo,

These are good examples of the fact that ALL vocal ranges have something to offer.  I've never heard Gackt before, and I really enjoyed listening through his piece.  He goes through a range of emotion and proves that the tenors don't have the market cornered on singing with feeling.  I think I heard him hit an A4 in there, too!  La  Ley was fun, and I can see why he's popular.  He makes you want to have a good time!

Fernando, I don't know about that guy in your video clip.  I think he needs to take some lessons...;^) ha!

Bob

Yes, Sensei (help me out here, Kok) is a rocker!

• SanninoSannino Pro Posts: 66
    Oh, don't say that, Bob! :) I agree this is not his best performance though, I'll give you that.

Gerardo, I haven't had time to check your videos (can't do it at work), but will do asap.
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Haha @highmtn, sensei it is ;)! You got it right this time :D!

I've heard of Gackt before and my friend literally LOVES Gackt. She's a huge fan XD! Though I don't like some of his songs haha! He's great though :P. Just that his face + voice doesn't really match so it KINDA makes me annoyed somehow LOL! It's a mental thing LOL! He's awesome though ;) don't get me wrong XD I love this song that he song ;)

Btw I love that song of Ken ;D! I remember listening to it quite some time ago XD!