Home Off Topic

Really skilled Baritone singers! -with good head tones!-

gerardogerardo Enrolled Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in Off Topic
Hi everyone!!
Im a baritone and in my life i have known very few good baritone referents! -lot of tenors but baritones, are fewer!- so i was thinking that could be a great idea to open an instance in which we can share the singers that we know that are baritones that in our opinion really know what they are doing! 

I will show this 2 that are my main baritone idols! :D

Gackt - Last Song (japanese singer!)
(the high notes are at the end, 4:40 :D)

Beto Cuevas (La Ley) - Histeria (chilean singer!) (sorry for the quality of this one!)
(the high notes are at the end, 3:14 :D)
(if you want to listen it with more quality, the album version of this song is here ;)

What do you think? any appreciations? :P
If you know good baritone singers, skilled or with a lot of range and power, or simple that really know how to sing well and beautiful! (hahahh or both! xD) that you would want to share! post it here :D!
Thank you!!

Answers

• SanninoSannino Pro Posts: 66
    I know one: Ken Tamplin lol

Seriously, he is one of my all time favourites. The guy who sings with him in the video below is Jeff Scott Soto, one ofy favourites also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgXW0unIME&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited April 2012

gerardo,

These are good examples of the fact that ALL vocal ranges have something to offer.  I've never heard Gackt before, and I really enjoyed listening through his piece.  He goes through a range of emotion and proves that the tenors don't have the market cornered on singing with feeling.  I think I heard him hit an A4 in there, too!  La  Ley was fun, and I can see why he's popular.  He makes you want to have a good time!

Fernando, I don't know about that guy in your video clip.  I think he needs to take some lessons...;^) ha!

Bob

Yes, Sensei (help me out here, Kok) is a rocker!

• SanninoSannino Pro Posts: 66
    Oh, don't say that, Bob! :) I agree this is not his best performance though, I'll give you that.

Gerardo, I haven't had time to check your videos (can't do it at work), but will do asap.
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Haha @highmtn, sensei it is ;)! You got it right this time :D!

I've heard of Gackt before and my friend literally LOVES Gackt. She's a huge fan XD! Though I don't like some of his songs haha! He's great though :P. Just that his face + voice doesn't really match so it KINDA makes me annoyed somehow LOL! It's a mental thing LOL! He's awesome though ;) don't get me wrong XD I love this song that he song ;)

Btw I love that song of Ken ;D! I remember listening to it quite some time ago XD!