Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Tom Odell - Can't Pretend vocal cover by Mike Van Huber

MikeVanHuberMikeVanHuber Posts: 3Pro, 2.0 PRO
A vocal cover I have done some weeks ago.
Would be so greatful when someone of you guy's could give me some constructive feedback!

Tom Odell Vocal cover by me

Thanks for watching, have a nice evening!
Mike

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,627Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Hi, Mike.

You actually might want to turn up the gain on that mic a little bit and not sing with your lips actually touching the mic. Those particular shure mics have a deep proximity effect, and they are a dark-sounding mic to begin with, so a lot of the crisp detail is lost when you sing that close with one.

Overall, you sound pretty good on this tune. You might want to support a little more in places, but you seem to be pretty-much on target with this tune.

Nice work.

Bob
  • MikeVanHuberMikeVanHuber Posts: 3Pro, 2.0 PRO
    highmtn said:

Hi, Mike.

You actually might want to turn up the gain on that mic a little bit and not sing with your lips actually touching the mic. Those particular shure mics have a deep proximity effect, and they are a dark-sounding mic to begin with, so a lot of the crisp detail is lost when you sing that close with one.

Overall, you sound pretty good on this tune. You might want to support a little more in places, but you seem to be pretty-much on target with this tune.

Nice work.

Bob

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will pay more attention about these things!