Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Tom Odell - Can't Pretend vocal cover by Mike Van Huber

MikeVanHuberMikeVanHuber Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
A vocal cover I have done some weeks ago.
Would be so greatful when someone of you guy's could give me some constructive feedback!

Tom Odell Vocal cover by me

Thanks for watching, have a nice evening!
Mike

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Hi, Mike.

You actually might want to turn up the gain on that mic a little bit and not sing with your lips actually touching the mic. Those particular shure mics have a deep proximity effect, and they are a dark-sounding mic to begin with, so a lot of the crisp detail is lost when you sing that close with one.

Overall, you sound pretty good on this tune. You might want to support a little more in places, but you seem to be pretty-much on target with this tune.

Nice work.

Bob
  • Options
    MikeVanHuberMikeVanHuber Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    highmtn said:

Hi, Mike.

You actually might want to turn up the gain on that mic a little bit and not sing with your lips actually touching the mic. Those particular shure mics have a deep proximity effect, and they are a dark-sounding mic to begin with, so a lot of the crisp detail is lost when you sing that close with one.

Overall, you sound pretty good on this tune. You might want to support a little more in places, but you seem to be pretty-much on target with this tune.

Nice work.

Bob

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will pay more attention about these things!