Home› INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello world!

PulzarPulzar Member Posts: 9
edited March 2018 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi everyone, I'm Markus from Finland and I have been singing on a stage since I was 11 years old, I'm 32 now. As a young boy I was cast as Kurt in the Sound of Music. I then was plucked to a child opera choir and I spend the next 4 summers singing some high notes. Then I stopped until in college I started singing again. I started going to the uni male choir and a cover rock band, and a heavy band, and then a band that played Finnish cover songs. So at one point I was singing in 3 bands and the choir at the same time. Then I cut back to just the choir and the rock band and took some classical singing lessons for 3 years.

And then I graduated and I moved to another city and started working as a software engineer. Now I sing in a different male choir. I sing with the higher 1st tenors. I have also found a band and we practice quite rarely, maybe every other week or even more rarely. I feel like I have gone backwards in my technique or at least I'm singing a lot less than I used to. I sing 95% just choir 1st tenor falsetto stuff and all the other modes of my voice are rarely used.

Recently I got interested in making my own covers and uploading them to soundcloud and YouTube. So I'm learning recording and mixing. I bought a proper (cheap) condenser microphone and I'm pleased with how it sounds. I know I'm pretty good with the choir sound because I'm getting praised regularly about that but what I would want to develop is my solo sound to sing those rock songs with grit/rasp/distortion/compression etc.

Home recordings:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ExWpFm_9Sw



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIBptV5WYWk


Some classical:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQHLyaAeKJE


And old (2010) live band stuff:



Comments

  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Hey Markus,

    if you want an all-around killer voice, then you've come to the right place! We're all at varying levels of progression and experience, so there is allot of help available when you're ready to fully dive into the training!

    Cheers,

    Phillip
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 286
    That's great!
  • UkeTruckUkeTruck Pro Posts: 4
    Awesome
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi Markus! welcome.

    The forum is always here for any help you may need or want. Don't hesitate to ask!

    All the best,

    Ben
Sign In or Register to comment.