Diva inspired more by male singers
Jhenneberg88
STREAMING PRO Posts: 7
Hey just getting this out there. Is it odd that I (as a female) find the male voice more pleasing to the ear than the female voice? It just seems that male voices have so much more texture, depth and uniqueness, while female voices tend to sound more generic. Don't get me wrong, there are some great divas out there (Ann Wilson, Eva Cassidy, Stevie Nicks are my faves), but male voices like Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, Chris Stapleton, Matt Bellamy, James Hetfield (to name a few) are what inspire me. Any other fellow divas feel the same?
Janet
Janet
Comments
-
i guess it´s a matter of taste, I too find more pleasant to listen to male singers! but right now Demi Lovato is my favorite female singer!she´s got it, did you listen to her singing the national anthem? I got goosebumps!
-
Im a female contralto I can get a bit axle Rose like, However; I'm way close to Bret Michaels of Poison. I get uncomfortable singing in my range (Current) incase people who listen and can't see think I'm a guy ha! but, I like Poison, eventhough they are a party band they are awesome!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

