Home Ken Tamplin's Corner
Options

Diva inspired more by male singers

Jhenneberg88Jhenneberg88 STREAMING PRO Posts: 7
Hey just getting this out there. Is it odd that I (as a female) find the male voice more pleasing to the ear than the female voice? It just seems that male voices have so much more texture, depth and uniqueness, while female voices tend to sound more generic. Don't get me wrong, there are some great divas out there (Ann Wilson, Eva Cassidy, Stevie Nicks are my faves), but male voices like Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, Chris Stapleton, Matt Bellamy, James Hetfield (to name a few) are what inspire me. Any other fellow divas feel the same?

Janet

Comments

• Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    i guess it´s a matter of taste, I too find more pleasant to listen to male singers! but right now Demi Lovato is my favorite female singer!she´s got it, did you listen to her singing the national anthem? I got goosebumps!
  • Options
    ContraltoLivesMatterContraltoLivesMatter Member Posts: 124
    Im a female contralto I can get a bit axle Rose like, However; I'm way close to Bret Michaels of Poison. I get uncomfortable singing in my range (Current) incase people who listen and can't see think I'm a guy ha! but, I like Poison, eventhough they are a party band they are awesome!