Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey (Arnel Pineda)

Saw this the other night on Netflix and it was so inspiring. For those of you not in the know, it's a documentary about Journey's comeback focusing on the recruitment of Arnel Pineda. He seems so humbled and nice, and his talent is mind blowing. Replacing Steve Perry? Talk about huge shoes to fill!

Anyone else seen it? I recommend it if you haven't.

Comments

• ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    Yeah I saw it a few months ago. Great story and he does the impossible job of replacing one of the greatest rock voices ever.
  • jgamble66jgamble66 Member Posts: 5
    Gonna check that out.  Thanks!

• jrejre Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 98
    I just watched this the other night. It was very good and inspiring. He really does seem nice and humble. I wonder if he has had any training. He appears to have good technique. When he was warming up I was hoping to hear some Lah scales though. Its cool to see how inspired they are to play after all these years too.
  • olskoololskool Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 68
    Was a brilliant Documentary.
    Loved it and agree that Arnel does seem to have great technique.
    Has a fabulous personality too.
  • thetazzbotthetazzbot Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to comment on Arnel. He is genuinely approachable and humble. I first saw him in the Philippines, he was with a cover band doing small shows. It wasn't until we saw Journey in concert here in Dallas when my wife says "Do you remember him?" Then filled me in... Our good friend is on the fan club and they always get to hang out with him and he is just a fan like us.

Last year he looked beat down. His manager would not even let him speak before the show. His voice was stressed due to too many shows. Historically, filling those Perry shoes has laid waste to more than a few singers...