Home SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!

Exercises to do the day after gig for rock singers!

AdamAdam Enrolled Posts: 21
Hey everyone,

Just had a question regarding post gig exercises for rock singers. I am performing probably two nights a week doing original music in a style that is demanding singing above high male C in most songs. Just wanted to know some good exercises to do the next day to get the weight back off my voice in order to back up more efficiently.

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    You can work whichever volume you are on, but do it lightly. Not breathy just less volume. If my voice is more fatigued I will do lip bubbles and light humming until it comes back. This is very important if you are distorting the voice as well. Always work it out clean the next day.
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    What would you like me to elaborate on? After a gig the next day I would suggest working whatever stage you may be on, bit cutting back the intensity/volume. Working the voice clean
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

It's the LAH-yer! AH-yer!

;^)

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

As you have probably heard in your videos, Ken suggests we keep up with our workouts, even when we have big gigs, after our gigs, and even when we are ill, unless we are hoarse.

When we are hoarse, we rest. 

Keeping our workouts going, even lightly as Scott rightly suggests, keeps our voices and our range from going into atrophy.  This is a form of athletics.  We don't want to lose our gains.  When we keep up with our regimens, we continue to strengthen.

Bob

• highmtn said:

It's the LAH-yer! AH-yer!

;^)

Jajajaja, Oh Yeah, you are the best Bob ;)
  • billthebaldguybillthebaldguy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 54
    Ken recommended to me to do a full workout after a gig and for whatever reason, my voice is like a howitzer the day after a gig. When I do a workout the day after, it's even easier than the normal workout or warm up prior to gig. I also notice that if I rest the day after and do a workout the day after a rest day, the voice is not nearly as strong. DWKS - Do What Ken Says:)