Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

I can't get my uvula goes up on "is the law"

hey guys im new and i really need help, i can't keep my uvule up on the excersise " is the law" can anyone give me an advice about how can i get it, please!!!!!!! at first I get my uvule up but when i go pitch my uvule goes down, help!! :s

Comments

• Options
    streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
    It takes time to gain control of the uvula, so don't panic. Even if it's not happening after 6 months, still don't panic!!! It's not a deal breaker. It generally rises when we go into the upper echalon of scales. So it may not start to rise until you start to go super sonic.

The way i feel it is this... it feels like you are taking a bite out of a large sandwich or burger. One that's just a little too big, so you have to extend the top of the mouth rather than lowering the jaw. This extension causes the uvula to rise. It feels like you are raising the roof of the mouth. Incorporating 'mask' with this concept helps too.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    samgllsamgll Member Posts: 6
    streeter said:

It takes time to gain control of the uvula, so don't panic. Even if it's not happening after 6 months, still don't panic!!! It's not a deal breaker. It generally rises when we go into the upper echalon of scales. So it may not start to rise until you start to go super sonic.

The way i feel it is this... it feels like you are taking a bite out of a large sandwich or burger. One that's just a little too big, so you have to extend the top of the mouth rather than lowering the jaw. This extension causes the uvula to rise. It feels like you are raising the roof of the mouth. Incorporating 'mask' with this concept helps too.

I hope this helps!

streeter said:

I hope this helps!

thank you so much!! I tried it and its true, its helping :D thank you so much :smile: