Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi There

So I bought the bundle, looking forward to it.

I played guitar and sort of sang for ten years, then had an injury which was a downer, pretty much wasn't looking forward to a lot. A year later I stumbled into a bass gig, so I played that for 13 years, but had a hard time singing at the same time, so singing took a back seat. Yet another fun life event pretty much had me pass on joining the A circuit. So I didn't play at all for about 7 years. Pretty much a bad thing to do as far as singing goes, but on the plus side, now I can actually learn it. I've been playing bass again for oh, about 3 or 4 years, found out fun terms like arthritis, RSI, carpal tunnel and such to go with other injuries, so that's why I am playing a student (i.e. kid's) bass with ultra light strings AND in E flat. A garage band I was jamming with bitched about the crap mic I had, so I broke down and got a better one, and I did warn them once I started singing ... Well I am in between bands atm, but that's fine until I decide I am ready to put another one together. Aside from 3 months this (endless) winter where I had the unfortunate condition of being employed, it's been about 9 months since I started easing back into singing, and making the effort to play and sing at the same time. I spotted a link from people I actually respect locally and yes, after watching a few teaser vids I knew 'I NEED that'. So here I am.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @PsychotropicDog

You have a keen eye (as well as ears) to know the difference between fluff and the real stuff. Yes. When I heard Ken demonstrate his voice, I knew that same "THAT'S WHAT I WANT!" sensation. It really works. Do what Ken says, and keep doing it.

You will enjoy the metamorphosis your voice will be going through. This is something new to look forward to.

Welcome.

Bob