Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

19 y/o rock n roll dude from Massachusetts -- looking forward to improving with you all!

Hey guys! I thought I'd take the invitation to introduce myself. My name's Michael, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Massachusetts, USA. I've been playing guitar since I was ten but just started singing about a year ago when I decided I wanted to front my band :)

And I certainly can't introduce myself without introducing my singing a little bit, so here's 15 seconds of one of my songs complete with live footage stuff. I'm the guy throwing his hair around haha.

Obviously it's studio and not live, so it's not as honest a representation of my voice as it is, but I'm definitely looking forward to sharing (after I record some) and watching videos of live singing, and critiquing each other, and improving over the months. (And of course practicing instead of being on the computer :)

Great singing to all of you,
Michael

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Hi, Michael. Great to hear from you! Unfortunately, I got a "server not found" message from your link, so I didn't get to hear you yet. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot from you in the future.

Get ready to practice and learn! Your voice will grow like crazy!

All the Best!

Bob
  • Options
    mexusmexus Pro Posts: 12
    https://youtu.be/-iZfyViR_QI

Hey! Thanks, Bob! Try just pasting this, then :open_mouth:
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Yeah! This link works! This is a great time in your life to be starting out with KTVA! I wish they had this stuff when I was 19! You're going to be a MONSTER Vocalist!

Enjoy!

Bob
  • Options
    mkeymontmkeymont Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 43
    Fellow MA guy here! Is the video of the "Neon" cover you also?
  • Options
    Hey mkeymont! If you mean, this, then yes :) Wow, it's over a year old now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFe6BF49pRA
  • Options
    Nice! Tricky guitar part to play and sing!

What part of MA are you in? I'm in the MetroWest area, around where 495 meets the Mass Pike...

Welcome aboard! You're in the right place for vocal instruction. I've bought and gone through nearly all of the other courses that are out there, and this is by far the best of the best.
  • Options
    Framingham area, huh? Nice! I'm from the Northeast, close to NH!
  • Options
    Yeah, I work at Bose. My buddy that I've been playing with for years recently moved to Nashua with his fiancée. Since we can't get together as often, we sometimes use JamKazam to do online jam sessions. It would be interesting to get a group of local KTVA students using Jam Kazam to collaborate etc. It's like Skype, but more focused on audio and being very low latency, so that musician's can actually play in time together. It works great if the distances aren't too far no everyone has a decent connection.
  • Options
    I'd be interested! Just message me when you want to schedule a time.