Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

David Bowie - China Girl- My demo

LucasBaritone1988LucasBaritone1988 Member Posts: 3
Hello, everyone!

My name is Luke, I sing for three years and I really like it :) Can you give me some advice about my record ? What to change , what to improve? I'm not a typical rock/heavy metal singer and my main vocal influences are: Elvis Presley, Iggy Pop, Peter Murphy, Bowie.

My vocal demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkaY1TAKAZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmq8Gh68Ko8

Greetings!
Lucas

Comments

• You can really hear the Elvis and Peter Murphy. I'm learning cuts you up by Peter murphy.
  • Thanks bro! Cuts you up it's great tune (one of my favourite by Murphy). I'm curious about your performance :)
  • Thanks bro! Cuts you up it's great tune (one of my favourite by Murphy). I'm curious about your performance :)

Ye its great. Do you have any suggestion for his other songs? I've only listen to Cuts you up and a strange kind of love.

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Lucas. You have a good tone for the tunes you posted. As a matter of preference, I would recommend that you slow your vibrato down a bit, and also cut back a little on the depth of the vibrato, as it's a little bit heavy for my own preference. You may like it, and we're all entitled to have our own opinion, so if you like it that way, that's cool.

All the Best!

Bob
  • LucasBaritone1988LucasBaritone1988 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    highmtn said:

Hi, Lucas. You have a good tone for the tunes you posted. As a matter of preference, I would recommend that you slow your vibrato down a bit, and also cut back a little on the depth of the vibrato, as it's a little bit heavy for my own preference. You may like it, and we're all entitled to have our own opinion, so if you like it that way, that's cool.

All the Best!

Bob

Hi, Bob. Thank you for your comment and interesting tips! I agree that my vibrato is a little "shaki" as tremolo, heh :) Personally I love the voice of Tom Jones and his almost "operatic" vibrato . Tom is simply amazing (strong/big chest sound) but his songs is really hard to sing (Delilah for example).

JonasFinnLarsson - To be honest I'm not an expert but I Can describe you my sensations when I sing Peter Murphy's songs. First of all you must lower your larynx (but not too much!), open throat (feel as comfortable and relax as possible) and use good vowels. Resonance is also very important, when I sing I can feel vibrations on my face :)

I hope that this will help you somehow :)
  • Ye I wanna get the lowered larynx feel a little more natural, to me it feels forced. Can't seem to find a good placement. But I know how it is supposed to feel though when you are explaining it!