Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

50's/60's

streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
Hey guys,
Something a little different. I was asked to put together a little compilation of 'acoustified' 50's and 60's tunes for a themed restaurant and this is the result. Hope you enjoy. Ive seen a few threads pop up with 'Does KTVA teach you to get low?'...Yes, yes it does. So there's a little of that in there as well.

Comments

• vmalheirosvmalheiros Pro Posts: 105
    sounds great bro.
  • streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
    Thanks man, appreciate it!
    @vmalheiros
    How are you going with everything? You were really starting to get it together a few weeks back. You sound like you got a great handle on the concepts and Can really 'hear' it all. That's 80 percent of the battle for most people right there.
    edited September 2016
    @streeter
    I really think that I am making progress. I spent some time working on connecting chest with head, but I soon realized, with your help and Bob's, that what I should be doing was stretching chest voice. It took me a very long time to understand the concepts, because I'm a very technical person. But I'm definitely on the right track right now. So, I'm currently doing volume one, and I don't intend to leave for now, I want to build my chest voice really stronger before I get to volume two.
    As of now, I understand vowel modifications and support, and I'm able to apply those concepts in the workouts (which I think is 90% of what you need to do). I can stretch chest up to G#4 consistently, A4 most of the times, A#4 rarely, although I don't quite have the strenght to deal with songs in that range yet. I modify to loft at G4, then loft-hook at A4. Although it's nothing impressive, I'm really happy with where I am now, because I can see a clear path foward. It's very different than when I was struggling with the concepts.
    Thank you very much for asking! How have you been doing?
    edited September 2016
    That's great mate. Yeah, still working through everything trying to sing tunes how they should be sung and getting rid of the short cuts. @vmalheiros
    @streeter Cool! I also gave up on the short cuts, they don't take you very far :D
  • SemiSemi Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 153
    edited September 2016
    @streeter, good job! Always loved this era. Especially enjoyed Johny Cash and Elvis tunes, your voice sounds great with this darker, lower register texture, too!