Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Pain in the ear

Hello everyone,

When I practice with belting or singing louder, I have pain in my ears when I sing harder sometimes. What can I do, use headphones or something? I want tot sing loud sometimes, to create a strong and powerfull voice. I know that there are headphones for stages, but for singing by yourself with only a acoustic guitar it should not damage your ears?

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    It shouldn't hurt your ears... you might want to see an ENT to get checked out for a wax buildup or something like that.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Be cautious about singing loudly. It can wear your voice out, and it sounds like from what you are saying, it's loud on your ears, as well. You should not have pain in your ears from the sound of your voice.

Sounds like you are possibly singing WAY TOO LOUDLY! A powerful voice isn't just about volume. It's about what you can do with the voice at safer levels.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    it´s either you are singing too loud or you are in the middle of an ear infection :/ and feel a little sensitive to loud sound, either way go see an ENT
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @Gaston_Jauregui, that's my take on it too. On the odd occasion that I have had ear issues, everything feels amplified inside of my head. So my guess is a little of column A... a little of column B :wink: