Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Always bon jovi horrible demo Plss HELP MY MIXED VOICE

New reply on "Plss help ..My mixed voice doesnt sound very good everytime I pass my break point.. even though I put some open vowels, neutral larynx, soft palate coordination, compression and breath support I still got this very little raspy sound not a good distortion but it sounds like a dying pig getting beaten .. it sounds very chesty, strong, powerful and loud but the problem is .. it sounds awful ..it sounds terrible when I go past my break point E4.."

Listen to Always bon jovi Demo by Ej Pambid #np on #SoundCloud

Comments

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @edzpambid hi, im gonna break this down for you, its gonna be a lot of work before you get this one, and a lot of work i mean months or even a year so you can sing the whole song, so here it goes:
    your break point should be around F# not E, because of your voice color, you sound like a tenor, but you aren´t trained to make the transition later, so I would start from there, you need more support, so im gonna post you a video from Ken explaining this, you should start doing it every day

you aren´t maintaining open throat, it doesn´t matter if you do open vowels, because you reset them every time you use a closed vowel, this means you aren´t using open throat

your voice is trembling because you dont have support

you lack brightness in the verse and support

the brightness of the sound you are making on the chorus is bright enough, but it coming because you arent maintaining the open throat so it becomes nasal, but it doesnt work if you dont keep it open, and supported, you should maintain it the whole chorus, but you are reseting it the whole time, and that doesnt help for the voice,
    plus you are over pronouncing the consonants

as you can see it´s a lot of work It´s basically the whole KTVA program which I highly recommend you to buy

for now im gonna leave you with this so you start working on your support
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE
  • ContraltoLivesMatterContraltoLivesMatter Member Posts: 124
    From What I can hear your diaphram and tension is the issue
  • edzpambidedzpambid Member Posts: 18
    Thank you I know it's a long time since I posted this but this time I just realized that all You said to me are right specially @Gaston_Jauregui thanks .. So here's my story .. I posted this problem approx 7 months ago .. I was shit my voice hasn't got some strength to it .. All I cared was to hit those high note .. I didn't care if It sounded bad at all until one time I was singing this song while taking a bath and my brother heard me and he shouted shut the fuck up your voice sounds annoying .. That time I searched every vocal coaches I could search on youtube didn't care about Ken because I tried Ken's La Ah open Throat but it didn't work for me so I continued watching videos from other coaches and I encountered these bulshit exercises Cry like a baby NAY NAY NAY very nasal sounds .. I did all of those exercises till I got my range up to D5 I could sing Versace on the floor by Bruno Mars but.... I just improved my Range I didn't sound good people aren't impressed with my D5's because of it's tone ... So Until November I was still doing those exercises hoping that it will help my voice but it just didn't My voice was very nasal and it was very high and loud and powerful but every sound comes out of the nose that's why it's so nasal .. And I got a response from my mother who is a very talented singer she said that I need to sing with a relax throat and not tight and don't make your voice go out of your nose .. and I remembered what Ken said (Open Throat) I've done all the research but then I just got back from the first coach I watched that I thought wouldn't help me .. And since december I dumped all SLS knowledge that I got and focused on Bel Canto Which Ken tamplin teaches .. And since december I've been doing Open Throat I've been watching Ken's free videos on youtube and every information that he always give just makes sense to me .. So I'm not gonna tell all the Bel Canto exercises that I've done but I've been simply doing Ken Tamplin's La Ah and It made my voice so Free Out of tension so Powerful I can feel very strong resonance and it's so effortless I could now hit C5 like pavarotti does all because of Ken Tamplin and of Course my Mother's golden Piece of advice.. I made her listen to me singing again and She was like wow You improved so much your voice got much rounder and free and you opened up your voice so much .. Your voice Got Way Better ..Thanks Ken and all your supporting Staffs
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @edzpambid,

very nice that you share your story. Good to read, that Ken's free videos helped you so much. Maybe you want to share a new demo?

Doc
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @edzpambid im glad it has work for you!
  • edzpambidedzpambid Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for reading my story .. I'll try to record another one if I have free time