Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

Steve Perry's back - "No Erasin'" from his latest album "Traces" now available on YouTube

AlvisAlvis Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 117
Heya, just wanted to quickly share the news that the legendary Steve Perry has dropped a bomb with a new song (No Erasin') from his new album.
Have a listen now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oawl9e-tFVM

Enjoy! I can't wait for the official release!

“No Erasin’” is off the new Steve Perry album “Traces” available everywhere October 5th, 2018.

Pre-Order “Traces” on CD, digital download and 180-gram vinyl or stream tracks off the album here: http://found.ee/SPtraces

Signed and exclusive bundles are available now for pre-order in the official Steve Perry store here: http://found.ee/SPtracesOfficialStore

Video Directed by Jeff Coffman

Official Website: https://steveperry.com
Facebook: https://facebook.com/steveperrymusic
Instagram: https://instagram.com/steveperrymusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/steveperrymusic

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I tried to give it a listen a little while ago, but it is apparently so hot that it has broken the internet :-p
    I'll try again later!
    edited August 2018
    Ahhhh... sounds so beautiful at 69 years young!
    There seems to be allot of grain that wasn't there before, but its all cool because he's Steve Perry :+1:
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    liked it! sounds different but cool at the same time, im wondering if he will keep releasing new music and if he will sing live
  • I didn't care for it. It was just ok for me.I know he's had health, and voice issues, but it's a business, and he's putting out a product. It's like he's lost his passion for it. Sad to see, and hear after the fantastic songs, and career he's had in the past.
    I do give him kudos for giving it another shot though.

Peace, Tony
  • AlvisAlvis Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 117

There seems to be allot of grain that wasn't there before, but its all cool because he's Steve Perry :+1:

Yup, he still sounds good to me, though there aren't many high notes in this particular song. Speaking of grain, he recently mentioned in a radio interview that he's discovering new textures in his vocals. I think that's what happens when you shut down the engine for 25 years long, so to speak.

But that raspiness ain't sound so bad for his style of music; admittedly, in his prime he sounded very smooth in comparison.
    edited August 2018
    I'm looking forward to the rest of the tracks. Let's hope he'll upload a few more tracks on YouTube soon.

Yes, definitely kudos to him for giving it another shot. It's long over due (over 2 decades...) and i think many didn't think he'd ever return after all these years... You know what, he should go get a copy of KTVA 2.0 to rev up his pipes. Still, we all gotta give him credits for doing this at the age of 69.

• Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    Alvis said:

I'm looking forward to the rest of the tracks. Let's hope he'll upload a few more tracks on YouTube soon.

Yes, definitely kudos to him for giving it another shot. It's long over due (over 2 decades...) and i think many didn't think he'd ever return after all these years... You know what, he should go get a copy of KTVA 2.0 to rev up his pipes. Still, we all gotta give him credits for doing this at the age of 69. Agreed!!!

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I had no clue he was that age already. Passed 50 for sure, but 69?

It's an OK track for me. His voice is obviously not what it used to be (especially when you listen closely and on certain lines), and that has its reasons. It just makes it less pleasant for me to listen to. I don't expect him to sing like he did at 30 though.

Still, it's great that he continues to perform and make music. Music is a wonderful thing.
    I hope the album rocks!
    edited August 2018
    @bentk exactly, this reminds me

i used to love Axl Rose’s voice, and when he didnt play for around 10 years and then came back, everything was against him, his voice, the band wasnt the original band, and everybody hated him for that, and he kept the gnr name, but as soon as he came to Mexico, I said: i know he doesnt sing the same , He isnt the same age, but i wanna see him anyway and he still pulled off the show, I’d rather see him sing now, than not seeing him sing at all, same with steve perry, plus, he might train again and get to sing some hits again, I dint care if they are a half step down but well sung

Btw steve perry ‘s voice renind me now of Rod Stewart a little bit
    @Gaston_Jauregui

Haha, i totally get the Rod Stewart resemblance.
    I agree, seeing those big bands again is really cool. The quality might not be the same, but a lot of older bands still pull off a good show. My brother saw the Rolling Stones not too long ago, he said they were really good for their age. Simply put, a very good and memorable show. It's a chance you have to take i guess, because they won't be performing much longer.

Exactly... seeing a legacy act is a privilege these days, that I have learned not to take for granted. I put off seeing Tom Petty when he came to town a couple of years ago as well as Chris Cornell.
    I now do my best to get to these things when they come to town!
    @Furious_Phil I got to see Chris Cornell twice, once with Audioslave and once in the songbook tour which was him doing acoustic, maaan what a loss,:/ I still cant get over it, every time I hear his music I get sad, not exagerating, one of my all time favorite singers, be sure to check "when im down" if you havent
  • Chris Cornell was definitely a shock especially considering he killed himself in my hometown. Sad. I wish I could have seen his last show at the Fox Theatre. Saw the Black Crowes, and a few others there, and It's an awesome theatre to see a show. Not a bad seat in the house.

Tom Petty always put on an awesome show. Seen him 3 times. (some people compare my voice to his) He will be sadly missed in this town.

Peace
    Yeah it's a real shocker, the loss of these famous musicians. It shows that fame, success and money does not always mean that you don't have any problems or struggles. There are many mental issues (and other issues) which shouldn't be underestimated.

A big shocker for me was Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. I listened to Hybrid Theory and Meteora so much when i was like 11 years old. I still listen to those 2 albums, also out of nostalgia.
    Talking about seeing those aging legends perform while we can, I'm looking forward to seeing Rob Halford of Judas Priest this November. He's already 67 this year... I mainly listen to hard rock/metal bands from the 80s, but those vocalists are definitely nearing their retirement (Steven Tyler, Ian Gillan, etc). Hopefully Steve Perry will do some tours as well!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    The vocalists that take care of their voices and actually know good vocal technique and health don't have anything to worry about vocally at 67. They are getting to where a heart attack or a broken pelvis might not be much fun, but vocally, if they are KTVA students, they can expect to keep on wailing for as long as their physical and mental health holds up.