Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

What i do wrong, throat pain! Critique my singing!

HoriHori Member Posts: 7
edited September 2018 in The Singer's Lobby
Hello everybody!

I always when im singing/ after singing my throat get a kind of sore, i can fell some pain in it. Usually i sing open throat and clean vocals where I dont force my voice a lot. I take too much air or my distortion technique isnt good?

Here is my take on the David Bowie - The man who sold the world. I made it in my style a bit but i try to imitate Bowie voice. At final i tried to make a head voice but i think that i made it wrong. Any critique is welcome because i want to improve my singing and to know where i did wrong.
I start singing for a month on my own and watching Ken's videos on Youtube!

This song was a challenge for me, i know that i " compress " my voice and isnt singed with open throat at all, but i want any feedback!

Comments

• Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Hori I think a review of open throat technique would help you out immensely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N64nvAbgO6k
  • Options
    HoriHori Member Posts: 7
    @HuduVudu Tomorrow i have no excuse to watch at it! Anything about my vocals? what do you think?
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    You are working way to hard. Your voice sounds strained and it isn't surprising that your throat hurts. Your range is limited and the strain is making it even more limited. Your voice is a delicate thing and if you strain it too much you will hurt it. It is just like any other muscle, if you work it hard and improperly you will tear it and it takes a lot longer to recover from a torn muscle than to just start from the beginning and learn to do it properly. :)
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    @Hori

The amount of air you are using will dry your cords out. It's like you're doing a loud whisper. Air dries the cords. Dry cords can hurt and lose elasticity. Using more cord closure will reduce the amount of air you are using.Your high notes near the end are the only part where you used a little bit of cord closure.