Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Catch me if you can audition song.

First off hello everyone thought I would jump right in the deep end. I am working on this song and the Final note is killing me. Looking for any insight or help. I'm going through the program but this one has become the bane of my existence. Also looking for feedback on other things I can improve. Thanks, everyone.

https://youtu.be/8C5sewhNHfY

This is the link to me singing, thanks for the advice.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Jalum First you need to get full access to the forums ... Do that here

One little thing ... I understand that this is a musical but you seem to be over enunciating your consonants. That can be an issue (not with the final note). Ken talks about that here.

Ok, that final note. Watch your face in the video. At 3:14 pay particular attention to your face. To me that says you know whats coming and your face looks like you are about ready to be punched. This is anticipation. Now keep watching your face and your body. Your head comes forward as you wind up for the note. You are putting a lot of emphasis on getting this note right and I can guarantee that all anticipation combined with expectation is creating tension. Tension is our enemy as singers and you built up a ton of it.

Try this. Take that lastish phrase of the song that starts at about 3:10. Sing that phrase and focus not on singing the phrase correctly but on relaxing as you sing it. Ken talks about just that here. Don't worry if you hit the note or not, just keep singing the phrase and doing it while relaxed.

At 2:53 you are doing this also. I would find more but I can only take so much of musicals, though I must say you have a nice voice :)

Hope that that can help.

• JalumJalum 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Thank you for the input. I will definitely work on the telegraphing. Also I'll get my forum account set up correctly.

Thanks
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It sounds like the ending note is supposed to be a Bb4. Work on support and cord closure. You don't want to blast this note. You just want to sing it. At Bb4, it should be a modified vowel.

The "Long I" is going to be "Ah-ee" but modified to sort of an "aw-aee". It will still be "good bye"
    in the form of good-bAH-EE, sustaining on the AH (as aw) and then ending on a brief Aye-EE.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Jalum,

good to have you here on 2.0 PRO. I made the same choice. I would try it the way Bob (@highmtn) described it. It took me a while to place the vowel mods correctly but spend me a range up to the Eb5. As a registered student (as you are now) you can watch the in-depth videos with Adam Spizzo. They helped me a lot:

http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/4305/ktva-dudes-basics-in-depth

Regards,
    Doc