Home Psychology of Singing
Options

Is it possible to use vibrato in "belting voice"?

Hi guys! :)
I am curious about it.. Is it possible or not?
And when this IS possible or even YOU can do it..
How can I do vibrato with belting?

-Lyssie

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi Lyssie!

Yes vibrato is possible pretty much all the time. In head voice and chest voice. There are different ways of approaching vibrato, and we learn it a certain way in KTVA. If you search Ken Tamplin's youtube, you can find an old video about vibrato there. That might be a very interesting video for you. Ken explains it better than me :)

Vibrato is basically oscillation. You constantly move out and back again into the correct pitch, be it up or down.
    There is some technique involved, and several ways to do it. Ken talks about this kind of stuff in the video i told you about, so be sure to check that out!

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    hi @Lyzzie yes you can do vibrato with belting, the thing is that vibrato is the last release valve of the chain, so if someone belts incorrectly usually vibrato will not come naturally, in fact it will not come that easy because, the sound is not well supported or placed

im gonna post you a video on vibrato where Ken expands on the subject
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AorKMnKgTw8
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Ah there is a more recent video about vibrato! I wasn't sure.
  • Options
    LyzzieLyzzie 2.0 PRO Posts: 59
    @bentk and @Gaston_Jauregui thank you, guys, so much!! (And I going to watch Ken's video in the near future :) )