Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Beginning of a long journey

Hi All! Happy to be here.

My name is Andrew. I'm 28 at the moment. I was born in Krakow, Poland, but I'm currently living in Dublin, Ireland.
I love music - it fills up every single day of my life since I first discovered rock music at 11 years old. I don't remember a day when I have not listened to any song at all.
My music tastes change slightly, but the general theme stays the same for the past 17 years - I love rock and rock'n'roll music. I'm playing guitar sometimes, but never sung before.

I've seen multiple videos from Mr. Tamplin and I'm full of hope that one day I will be able to sing one of my favorite songs without people mumbling through tears '....yes.... you did well Andrew....' ;)

Recently I've been addicted to Shinedown. Just listening to Shinedown - I Dare You right now.

My current dream is to be able to sing & play Shinedown's acoustic version of Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Full disclaimer - I am a TOTAL BEGINNER. And I really mean it. I have never sung before and I don't think I have a good singing voice. I am aware this will be a long journey, but hey. I'm sure I will love the process and I have plenty of time - I don't have any expectations on how long this is going to take.

Best case scenario, I will fulfill my dream and my life will be a little brighter because of that :)

Worst case scenario, I will know that I have not given up on my dreams, will surely improve my voice and have plenty of fun along the way.

Either way - it's worth it.

Glad to be here and hope to get to know all of you better soon.

Yours,
Andrew D.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Andrew you have come to the right place. Welcome!
    Hope you can find lots of information and help to assist you on your journey! :)
  • sagemacgsagemacg 2.0 PRO Posts: 240
    @AndrewD Welcome! It's an amazing journey indeed. I'm about a month into the course and can't believe the things I've discovered about my voice. Enjoy the ride!
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Hi, Andrew. @AndrewD

Welcome to the forums. I am two months into the course and enjoying every step on the journey too.

Glad to have you with us.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome Andrew! Ken's youtube channel is a good (and free!) starting point by going through his tutorials, i highly encourage you to take your time with those. If you really want to learn Ken's vocal technique, you will need the course. It's highly advisable, i have been working with it for years now and oh boy is it paying off.

It's not easy, even with the course you will have to work hard to get the technique right and build muscle memory.
    Everything just makes sense the longer you work with this program. Patience and hard work is needed. It's easy to get discouraged, i have felt discouraged many times.

I don't know why i wrote all this, just wanted to let you know i think!

All the best,

Ben
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    welcome Andrew from Mexico!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @AndrewD,

a warm Welcome also from your neighbors from Germany.

Doc